It looks as if the Brett Favre saga maybe finally coming to an end.
Favre told the AP that he knows that he is running out of time to make a decision on if he’s going to come back and play this season with the Minnesota Vikings, and says that he’s looking to make that final decision by July 30th, the first day of training camp for Minnesota.
“There’s two weeks left and I’m doing everything I can,” Favre said. “I was down here Sunday morning working out. I’m trying to get everything to where I feel 100 percent when I go in. I can’t go in any less. When you’re 39 years old, it’s hard enough. But it’s getting there.”
Favre’s been working out three days a week with a local high school team, and even added a Sunday workout this past week. The thing that’s holding Favre back is he’s not sure his arm, which he recently had surgery on, will hold up for an entire season.
“I felt like going to New York last year that I still had it,” Favre said. “I didn’t know my arm was hurt at the time. So that’s what I try to get across to people. I had that fixed, the surgery to fix that, so I’m trying to make sure that if I go back that part is completely resolved.”
Vikings coach Brad Childress wants Favre, and said in June that he knows the circumstances the QB is under to try to make it back and be close to 100 percent. “He’s trying to make a push to get back,” Childress said in June. “I just know this, he won’t play unless he feels like he’s able to play at the level that he’s played over the course of the years. I know he’s working hard.”