Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com and Via Sprint Wireless Service
Running back FELIX JONES of the Dallas Cowboys, offensive tackle JAKE LONG of the Miami Dolphins, quarterback MATT RYAN of the Atlanta Falcons, running back STEVE SLATON of the Houston Texans and running back JONATHAN STEWART of the Carolina Panthers are the finalists for DIET PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK honors for games played on October 5 – 6.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 8am ET and ending on Friday at noon ET to determine the DIET PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK. The DIET PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK will be announced Friday afternoon on NFL.com/rookies.
In addition, for the fourth year, NFL fans may cast their votes for the DIET PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK using phones with Sprint wireless service – an opportunity available only to Sprint customers. This fast, convenient voting method involves texting the word PEPSI to short code 7777. Sprint customers will then receive an interactive text message that links fans to the ballot with the five finalists each week. Data and text messaging rates may apply.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay.
A closer look at the finalists
- Dallas’ FELIX JONES rushed for 96 yards over nine carries and scored one 33-yard touchdown in the Cowboys’ 31 – 22 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Miami’s JAKE LONG was a key part of an offensive line that helped the offense average 5.6 yards per play and 4.2 yards per rush attempt and only allowed one sack in the Dolphins’ 17 – 10 win over the San Diego Chargers.
- Atlanta’s MATT RYAN won his first NFL road game completing 16 of 26 passes for 194 yards and two touchdowns in the Falcons’ 27 – 24 win over the Green Bay Packers.
- Houston’s STEVE SLATON led the Texans rushing for 93 yards and two touchdowns over 16 carries in the Texans’ 31 – 27 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
- Carolina’s JONATHAN STEWART rushed for 72 yards over 19 carries and made one reception for eight yards in the Panthers’ 34 – 0 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
This is Pepsi’s seventh year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the fourth year that Diet Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.