Re telling the Terrell Owens story over and over is already getting old, so here is just a few observations that might be a little something different than what most people are saying about T.O.
1. What was the deal with T.O.’s “publicist,” Kim Etheredge, who looked like not only she hadn’t slept in about two days, but also needs a serious make-over. I’m not going to sit here and make fun of her looks, but come on! How could she have not been totally aware that her face would be all over the nation as the press conference was played over and over and over? Despite being probably emotionally drained and totally exhausted, don’t you think that she could have plastered on some makeup and did the hair a little bit instead of looking like Diana Ross getting pulled over after a night of drinking?
2. More on Etheredge – Nice comment about how T.O. has “25 millions reasons to live,” yeah Kim, cuse no one with money ever gets depressed or ever kills themselves. How about taking a second to think about things before you just come attacking the media and those that have thrown stones at Owens in the past. Sounds to me like she had a bigger beef with the media than with the Dallas Police, which if they were wrong about what she said on their police report, they should be the bad guys in this whole thing – not the media who was simply trying to get info.
3. As far as the actual incident goes, I actually believe Owens almost 100 percent on what went down. I don’t think he tried to kill himself, and with all the “supplements” that he reportedly takes, I can see how taking 2 (I think it was probably more like 4-5) pain pills can totally mess you up. I have taken 1/2 of a pain pill before for various things and the next thing I knew I felt like I could have slept for 10 hours. So with that, I have no doubts that T.O. was probably not in his right mind when Etheredge got there or when he reportedly told police he was trying to do harm to himself.
4. I don’t think this was a case of Owens wanting just to make noise and get in the national media spotlight. Some are saying that he did this on purpose, which is just absurd. I think Owens is a pretty smart guy when the day is done, and there are plenty of ways to get your name out there instead of having to call 9-1-1 and have to be taken to a hospital, then it come out that you were trying to kill yourself. Does T.O. like the spotlight – yes. I don’t think though that this falls into that category.
5. The national media seems a bit to be changing their tune when it comes to Owens. He is not beloved by them by any means, but most seem to almost be on his side in this whole incident, and even some feeling sorry for him. It’s a far cry from a season ago at this time where Owens was heading to a season ending suspension from the Eagles, and everyone in the media wanted him burned at the stake.
The saga with Owens will go on, and we’ll all still be here to hang on each and every word. Hopefully for the Cowboys and the league, this will be the last “distraction” of the season for Owens, but if anyone knows anything about T.O., you can bet this incident won’t be the last.