1. Houston Texans (1) – It was more like an AFL shootout Sunday in Houston, but the big numbers Schaub and Johnson put up meant nothing till the Texans got the win.
2. Atlanta Falcons (2) – Started slow, and had to rally, but as they have done all year, did enough to get a win vs a game Cardinals team.
3. San Francisco 49ers (3)- Flexed their defensive muscles and pounded the Bears into the ground to increase their lead in the NFC West.
4. Green Bay Packers (4)- Look out NFL, the Packers may be the hottest team in the league, and now tied with Chicago, the Pack could challenge for the 1 or 2 seed in the NFC.
5. New England Patriots (6) – Put up a franchise record 59 points, and while they lost Gronk in the win, still look like a solid contender in the AFC.
6. Baltimore Ravens (8) – Got the benefit of facing Byron Leftwich, Jacoby Jones bailed them out with a punt return for a TD, and the defense did enough to beat Pittsburgh.
7. Denver Broncos (9) – With two wins over the Chargers, they have all but wrapped up the AFC West, but now have to face the season without leading rusher Willis McGahee.
8 Seattle Seahawks (10) – They get up two spots enjoying the bye, and now get to head to Florida for a dangerous game vs the Dolphins, who they can’t overlook.
9. Chicago Bears (5) – If Jay Cutler doesn’t get healthy soon, this team could wind up looking at the Packers by the time week 12 concludes.
10. New York Giants (12)- Got a week to sit back and rest, and come out taking on the Packers in a home game they simply have to find a way to win.
11. Dallas Cowboys (14)- Wasn’t pretty, but somehow overcame a 13-0 halftime deficit to top the game Browns in OT. Need to stop RG3 on Thanksgiving.
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (7) – Injuries have derailed this team, and they did all they could Sunday night, but in the end they look like the last 6 games will be for a possible wild card.
13. Minnesota Vikings (13) – Lost in the shuffle of the tough NFC North, the Vikings have a shot for a huge eye-opening win Sunday in Chicago.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (15) – Got all they wanted from the Panthers, but Dallas Clark’s big grab in OT was enough to top Cam and Carolina.
15. Cincinnati Bengals (16) – A fake punt got them going in KC, and they took care of a Chiefs team that looked disinterested midway through the third quarter.
16. New Orleans Saints (17) – Back to .500 with a huge road win in Oakland, the Saints could be the sleeper team in the NFC if they sneak into the postseason.
17. Indianapolis Colts (11) – Tom Brady and the Pats took the Colts to school Sunday, and getting 59 points scored off you won’t sit well when they take the field Sunday vs Buffalo.
18. Tennessee Titans (20) - Should get to 5-6 and 3-3 on the road Sunday when they get back to work on the road vs the 1-9 Jags.
19. New York Jets (22) – Where has this team been all season. Mistake free, emotional and determined, the Jets finally got a huge win in St.Louis.
20. Miami Dolphins (18) – The losing streak continued Thursday vs the Bills, the Dolphins have gone from a playoff contender to a 4-6 team.
21. Arizona Cardinals (19) – Remember when the Cards were 4-0? No one else does. Things have gotten so bad they turned to another QB in Ryan Lindley Sunday in the ATL.
22. Washington Redskins (27) – Took advantage of an Eagles team in disarray Sunday, and RG3 played excellent in a huge win they needed to get to 4-6.
23. St.Louis Rams (21)- Back to bad football Sunday at home vs the Jets. Offense clearly went backwards after a solid effort vs the Niners the week before.
24. Philadelphia Eagles (23) - Eagle fans get ready – you will for the first time in a long time get to be a part of looking for a new head coach this offseason.
25. Buffalo Bills (27) – Young team got a big prime-time win over the Dolphins, helped out by the special teams which has shined for them recently.
26. Detroit Lions (24) – Chances to stop the hottest team in the NFC, and couldn’t get the job done. Now have to face a very good Texans team on Thanksgiving.
27. San Diego Chargers (25) – Looks like with the loss Sunday to the Broncos that Norv Turner better not put any more money into housing in the San Diego region.
28. Carolina Panthers (26) – Have to learn how to finish, and Sunday vs the Bucs had regulation lead and couldn’t put them away in tough OT loss.
29. Oakland Raiders (23) – Mark Davis finally made a statement about his team. This after they allowed the Saints to pound them into the ground at home.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (31) – Great effort and fight in Houston, and while they are still a one-win team, their effort vs Pack and Texans should count for something.
31. Cleveland Browns (30) – Drop to the 2nd worst team in the league after losing to the Cowboys. Were up 13-0, and had another late lead but couldn’t hold it in the OT loss.
32. Kansas City Chiefs (32) – After a good effort vs the Steelers, back to playing like the worst team in the NFL losing to the Bengals.