1. Atlanta Falcons (1) – Come off the bye week with an interesting game against former QB Mike Vick and the Eagles on the road.
2. New York Giants (3)– More late heroics from Eli as the Giants pulled out a big win over RG3 and the Skins.
3. Chicago Bears (4) – Forced four turnovers from the Lions, and got enough offense from Cuter and Marshall to move to 5-1.
4. Houston Texans (5) – Got back to winning ways, overpowering the Ravens at home, and getting some revenge at the same time.
5. Green Bay Packers (6)– Starting to look like the Pack of old, got a lead in STL and took care of the Rams to get over .500.
6. San Francisco 49ers (7)– Not exactly the most impressive win Thursday night, but did enough to pull out a division win over the Seahawks.
7. Baltimore Ravens (2) – First game without Lewis and Webb and it was a disaster, though not sure they would have beaten the Texans if both guys would have played.
8. New England Patriots (9) – Hard fought win over the Jets, offense not as powerful as in the past, but still good enough to win AFC East.
9. Minnesota Vikings (11) – The Vikings defense has quietly put together a great start, and have a shot to get to 5-0 at home vs Bucs Thursday.
10 Seattle Seahawks (8) – Had shots vs the Niners, just couldn’t get much going on offense. Big game at Detroit Sunday.
11. Denver Broncos (13) – Come off the bye with a huge game vs the Saints at home Sunday night.
12. Dallas Cowboys (19)- Wasn’t pretty, but did enough on the road to send the Panthers to 1-5. Huge game Sunday vs Giants at home.
13. Pittsburgh Steelers (20) – Rallied from 14-3 down to the Bengals and ran over them for a 24-17 win. Host RG3 and the Redskins at home Sunday.
14. New York Jets (12) – Had a shot to beat the Pats on the road, but couldn’t close it out. Need to beat Miami to get on track Sunday.
15. Arizona Cardinals (10) – John Skelton still having major issues at QB for this team, and they sorely need to get Kevin Kolb back in the mix before too many more losses.
16. Miami Dolphins (14) – Had the Jets on the ropes first time around, now get a shot in their home to take a big step forward.
17. San Diego Chargers (16) – Come off the bye with a trip East against the one-win Browns. Need to start getting consistent to make a run at the west.
18. Philadelphia Eagles (17) – Have a tough game off their bye hosting the unbeaten Falcons. Can make a statement with a big win.
19. Cincinnati Bengals (15) – Blew an 11-point lead at home to the Steelers, and were beat up by a Pitt D that was struggling. A.J. Green held to one catch in the loss.
20. New Orleans Saints (23) – Big win in Tampa, have another tough road game in Denver in a game that could be a lot of fun between Brees and Manning.
21. Washington Redskins (18) – Learned the hard way in NJ to play 60 minutes, but have to like the direction and fight of this team with RG3 leading the way.
22. Indianapolis Colts (26) – Another big home win, and even better news with coach Chuck Pagano being released from the hospital. At Titans this week.
23. Tennessee Titans (27) – Two straight wins, and finally got their best offensive weapon in Chris Johnson going vs the Bills in a big win on the road.
24. St.Louis Rams (22)– Couldn’t stop the Packers at home, and now another tough game vs another good QB in Tom Brady and the Patriots.
25. Oakland Raiders (29) – Rallied for a home win vs the Jaguars, probably should have never gotten to that point of needing OT vs a team with that many issues.
26. Detroit Lions (21) – Hung tough vs the Bears, but too many turnovers and they couldn’t get enough offense vs the NFL’s best D. Now 2-4 and ready for the Seahawks at home.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (24) – A heartbreaker vs the Saints, had a 14-0 lead, and appeared to have tied it at the end, only to have it called back after Mike Williams stepped out of bounds.
28. Buffalo Bills (25) – Chris Kelsay the latest to blast his own D after they blew a lead vs the Titans to lose and drop to 3-4. Will get a week to work on things with the bye.
29. Kansas City Chiefs (27) – Brady Quinn will go vs the Raiders Sunday, looking like a team that could be headed for a ton of changes in the offseason if they don’t start winning.
30. Cleveland Browns (28) – Couldn’t follow up a win in Indy, Josh Gordon dropped a would-be TD, then on 4th and 1 late they punted. Could have a tough time winning more than 2-3 games in 2012.
31. Carolina Panthers (31) – Cam Newton called for changes, and the next day their fired GM Marty Hurney. Now have a test heading to play the 5-1 Bears Sunday.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (32) – Have to wonder how bad things are going to get now with MJD hurt, and Blaine Gabbert banged up going into Green Bay Sunday.