1. Atlanta Falcons (1) – Sign of a very good team, didn’t play their best on the road vs Skins, still won by a touchdown.
2. Houston Texans (2) – Got another big night from Arian Foster, and hung on to stay unbeaten by topping the Jets.
3. San Francisco 49ers (4)– Not many offenses are going to be able to top this team, and right now they and the ATL are best two in NFC.
4. Baltimore Ravens (3) – Another ugly win, only managed 3 field goals, but got it done on the road and are 4-1 up top AFC North.
5. Chicago Bears (6) – Never a doubt in a big road win down in Jacksonville, where they pulled a knockout of the Jaguars.
6. New England Patriots (8) – Tom Brady outguns Peyton Manning, a storyline that just never seems to get old.
7. New York Giants (10)– Fell behind 14-0 to Browns, then cranked up the offense and wound up scoring 41 in a big home win.
8. Arizona Cardinals (5) – have to prepare better for the spotlight, clearly were not ready for the Rams pass rush in their first loss of 2012.
9. Minnesota Vikings (15) – Say what you want, this young Vikings team is playing as well as any in the NFC, and starting to turn heads.
10. Green Bay Packers (7)– Another setback, and now no Cedric Benson. Starting to wonder if the Pack is snakebit for 2012.
11. Pittsburgh Steelers (16) – Got the running game back, and wasn’t pretty, but will take a final play win over the Eagles to get to 2-2.
12. Cincinnati Bengals (9) – Had a shot to get to 4-1, and laid an egg vs the Dolphins in a game they were not ready to come out and play.
13. San Diego Chargers (11) – Couldn’t stop Drew Brees and the winless Saints, and still seem out of sync in different phases of the game.
14. Seattle Seahawks (19) – Defense lowered the hammer on Cam Newton and the Panthers, and the offense did enough to pulls out a big road win.
15. Philadelphia Eagles (12) – Michael Vick is turning the 2012 season into a turnover feast, and again vs the Steelers it cost him and the team.
16. Dallas Cowboys (13)- Could get a lift with Jay Ratliff back this week, and will need it playing in Baltimore.
17. St.Louis Rams (23)– Second straight win, and the D-line again stepped up when needed to stop Kevin Kolb and the Cardinals.
18. Indianapolis Colts (26) – Maybe the most emotional win of the season for any team, the Colts quickly grew up Sunday to top the Pack.
19. Miami Dolphins (24) – Ryan Tannehill showing the naysayers that he was the right choice, and the defense stepped up vs the Bengals.
20. Washington Redskins (17) – RG3 has to learn to slide out of bounds, otherwise there will be more injuries like Sunday vs Falcons.
21. New York Jets (18) – Showed flashes vs Texans, but still beat up on the ground by Arian Foster, and offense failed late to pull out win.
22. New Orleans Saints (31) – Big jump on a historic night for Drew Brees and the Saints, who hope their first win will get them on a roll.
23. Detroit Lions (22) – Need to get back to work and shore up special teams that have given up return after return already.
24. Denver Broncos (14) – Fell behind and had a shot to rally late, but just didn’t have enough vs the Pats to pull it out.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (25) – Shot for a win at home vs KC this week, and it could help build the confidence for a young team.
26. Oakland Raiders (27) – Tall order this week as they play the 5-0 Falcons, but prime spot to turn out a huge upset.
27. Kansas City Chiefs (28) – Fans cheered when Matt Cassel left the game. He’s been awful, but didn’t deserve what he had to hear.
28. Buffalo Bills (20) – Kyle Williams said Monday “we stink.” He’s right, the Bills are playing awful allowing 97 points the last two weeks.
29. Carolina Panthers (21) – Cam Newton is stuck in a sophomore slump, and it may be time to start thinking about having him take a seat.
30. Tennessee Titans (29) – Were beat up by the Vikngs, and now have to turn around without Jake Locker and play the Steelers on a short week. Ouch.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (30) – At 1-4 get a bye to work things out, and they need it being outscored 68-13 last two losses.
32. Cleveland Browns (32) – Have lost 11 in a row dating back to last year, and defense can’t seem to stop anyone right now and get Andy Dalton and the Bengals next.