1. Atlanta Falcons (1) – Sign of a very good team, didn’t play their best on the road vs Skins, still won by a touchdown.
2. Houston Texans (2) – Got another big night from Arian Foster, and hung on to stay unbeaten by topping the Jets.
3. San Francisco 49ers (4)- Not many offenses are going to be able to top this team, and right now they and the ATL are best two in NFC.
4. Baltimore Ravens (3) – Another ugly win, only managed 3 field goals, but got it done on the road and are 4-1 up top AFC North.
5. Chicago Bears (6) – Never a doubt in a big road win down in Jacksonville, where they pulled a knockout of the Jaguars.
6. New England Patriots (8) – Tom Brady outguns Peyton Manning, a storyline that just never seems to get old.
7. New York Giants (10)- Fell behind 14-0 to Browns, then cranked up the offense and wound up scoring 41 in a big home win.
8. Arizona Cardinals (5) – have to prepare better for the spotlight, clearly were not ready for the Rams pass rush in their first loss of 2012.
9. Minnesota Vikings (15) – Say what you want, this young Vikings team is playing as well as any in the NFC, and starting to turn heads.
10. Green Bay Packers (7)- Another setback, and now no Cedric Benson. Starting to wonder if the Pack is snakebit for 2012.
11. Pittsburgh Steelers (16) – Got the running game back, and wasn’t pretty, but will take a final play win over the Eagles to get to 2-2.
12. Cincinnati Bengals (9) – Had a shot to get to 4-1, and laid an egg vs the Dolphins in a game they were not ready to come out and play.
13. San Diego Chargers (11) – Couldn’t stop Drew Brees and the winless Saints, and still seem out of sync in different phases of the game.
14. Seattle Seahawks (19) – Defense lowered the hammer on Cam Newton and the Panthers, and the offense did enough to pulls out a big road win.
15. Philadelphia Eagles (12) - Michael Vick is turning the 2012 season into a turnover feast, and again vs the Steelers it cost him and the team.
16. Dallas Cowboys (13)- Could get a lift with Jay Ratliff back this week, and will need it playing in Baltimore.
17. St.Louis Rams (23)- Second straight win, and the D-line again stepped up when needed to stop Kevin Kolb and the Cardinals.
18. Indianapolis Colts (26) – Maybe the most emotional win of the season for any team, the Colts quickly grew up Sunday to top the Pack.
19. Miami Dolphins (24) – Ryan Tannehill showing the naysayers that he was the right choice, and the defense stepped up vs the Bengals.
20. Washington Redskins (17) – RG3 has to learn to slide out of bounds, otherwise there will be more injuries like Sunday vs Falcons.
21. New York Jets (18) – Showed flashes vs Texans, but still beat up on the ground by Arian Foster, and offense failed late to pull out win.
22. New Orleans Saints (31) – Big jump on a historic night for Drew Brees and the Saints, who hope their first win will get them on a roll.
23. Detroit Lions (22) – Need to get back to work and shore up special teams that have given up return after return already.
24. Denver Broncos (14) – Fell behind and had a shot to rally late, but just didn’t have enough vs the Pats to pull it out.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (25) – Shot for a win at home vs KC this week, and it could help build the confidence for a young team.
26. Oakland Raiders (27) – Tall order this week as they play the 5-0 Falcons, but prime spot to turn out a huge upset.
27. Kansas City Chiefs (28) – Fans cheered when Matt Cassel left the game. He’s been awful, but didn’t deserve what he had to hear.
28. Buffalo Bills (20) – Kyle Williams said Monday “we stink.” He’s right, the Bills are playing awful allowing 97 points the last two weeks.
29. Carolina Panthers (21) – Cam Newton is stuck in a sophomore slump, and it may be time to start thinking about having him take a seat.
30. Tennessee Titans (29) - Were beat up by the Vikngs, and now have to turn around without Jake Locker and play the Steelers on a short week. Ouch.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (30) – At 1-4 get a bye to work things out, and they need it being outscored 68-13 last two losses.
32. Cleveland Browns (32) – Have lost 11 in a row dating back to last year, and defense can’t seem to stop anyone right now and get Andy Dalton and the Bengals next.