By Troy Jefferson
Who should you start/ sit in Week 5? Well here are some guys that are guaranteed to produce and struggle this week.
1. Cedric Benson (Green Bay Packers RB)- Benson made the most of his opportunities last week vs. the Saints and this week he plays the equally unimpressive Colts’ defense. Benson finished with 106 total yards last week and even though the Packers will throw the ball around, Benson will get plenty of touches. I think Benson finishes with 100 yards rushing and a touchdown.
2. Jay Cutler (Chicago Bears QB) – I know Cutler can be up and down but playing the Jaguars this week he’ll be more up than down. Andy Dalton threw for 244 yards and 2 touchdowns vs. the Jags last week. I think Cutler will throw for 250 yards plus and 3 touchdowns.
3. Torrey Smith (Baltimore Ravens WR)- Torrey Smith is no longer just a good for two or three deep passes a game. Torrey Smith can run every route and is the best receiver on a surprisingly potent Ravens’ offense. Baltimore plays the Chiefs this week and they haven’t been able to stop ANYONE. Expect Smith to catch 7 to 8 balls for 100 plus yards receiving and a couple of touchdowns.
SLEEPER ALERT: Christian Ponder (Vikings QB)- If Ponder is still available in your league and your quarterback is on a bye or has an unfavorable matchup START Ponder. Ponder plays the Tennessee Titans whose defense is last in the league in points allowed giving up 37 points per game. Ponder is poised for a breakout performance.
1. Mark Sanchez (New York Jets QB)- No surprise here… Sanchez faces off against the best defense in football without his top receiver. Mark Sanchez completed less than half his passes last week and only threw for 103 yards and added an interception. Sanchez has thrown for 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions since his explosion vs. Buffalo in Week 1.
2. Steve Johnson (Buffalo Bills WR) – This was the year Steve Johnson was suppose to become a legitimate number one fantasy receiver. Johnson has struggled to get balls thrown his way and only has 15 receptions in four games. Steve Johnson had a favorable matchup last week vs. New England and only had 2 receptions and 23 yards. This week the Bills play San Francisco and it does not look good for Johnson who is returning to his hometown.
3. Steven Jackson (St. Louis Rams RB) As a disappointed Steven Jackson owner, I am ready to get him off my team completely. Steven Jackson has a tough challenge vs. Arizona on Thursday night and will struggle. Jackson has had 59 carries and only 195 yards through four games this season. And making matters worse Steven Jackson has not been in the end zone all season.