Fox Sports Announces NFL Announcer Pairings for 2012

Fox Sports, home of the NFC for the NFL, has announced their new pairings for the 2012 season. The network has added three new faces – former Rams coach Mike Martz, former Saints FB Heath Evans and ESPN reporter Erin Andrews, who will contribute to the network’s Thanksgiving Day and NFC playoff coverage. Martz and Evans will serve as game analysts.

Here are the NFL on FOX announcer pairings for 2012:

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Pam Oliver

Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa

Thom Brennaman, Brian Billick and Laura Okmin

Dick Stockton, John Lynch and Jennifer Hale

Chris Myers, Tim Ryan and Jaime Maggio

Sam Rosen and Heath Evans

Ron Pitts and Mike Martz

13 Responses to “Fox Sports Announces NFL Announcer Pairings for 2012”

1. Chris Bach says:

Unbelievable. No Gus Johnson? No Chad Pennington?

• Dave says:

What has happened to Gus? This is outrageous. A lot of times I chose the game I watched based on Gus’s assignments. Is he doing NFL anywhere now?

• Chris Bach says:

He IS doing FX College Football, with Charles Davis in the booth and Erin Andrews on-field.

Here’s the schedule thus far:
        9/1 12:00 PM ET Marshall at West Virginia
        9/8 12:00 PM ET Miami at K-State
        9/15 12:00 PM ET TCU at Kansas

2. David says:

I used to be a Cowboys fan but have been a Panthers fan since they joined the league. Aikman, Johnston, and Lynch do not come across biased. Tim Ryan is my least favorite especially if he is covering a Falons’ game. He comes across as biased to the Falcons.

It would be nice if the announcers would quit talking about the officials filling in. In my opinion, I can’t tell any difference in the officiating. The officiating is not great by the regulars either.

3. Dan says:

I really Like Aikman and Buck. Please keep Bradshaw somewhere else, all he talks about is himself!

• Terri says:

I hear ya….I can’t stand Bradshaw and even more so now that they’ve stuck him with Joe and Troy. I think Bradshaw’s been hit in the head one too many times – I mean, the guy’s just not all there. I love Joe and Troy – they’re my favorite announcers.

4. Dan says:

Just tuned in to the Vikings and 49ers game and wow! Where does Daryl Johnston get his fashion tips?

5. Tony says:

A blind Stevie Wonder

6. Gretchen Kingsbury says:

I am very disappointed in announcer Mike Marks during the Rams Seahawks game. I know he is a former Rams coach but there are Seahawks fans out here Mr. Marks. Your one sided announcing of the game is very disappointing.

7. Derrick Yee says:

Kansas City Chiefs radio play-by-play announcer Mitch Holthus would’ve joined NFL on FOX as No.4 play-by-play. He should’ve teammed up with analyst John Lynch. Dick Stockton should’ve been demoted to No. 5 play-by-play for the rest of 2012 season. He should’ve teammed up with analyst Tom Waddle. Here is the 2012 announcing pairings should’ve been:

1. Joe Buck (play-by-play) or Thom Brennaman (play-by-play)/Troy Aikman (analyst)/Pam Oliver (sideline reporter)
    2. Kenny Albert (play-by-play)/Daryl Johnston (analyst)/Tony Siragusa (sideline reporter)
    3. Thom Brennaman (play-by-play) or Sam Rosen (play-by-play)/Brian Bilick (analyst)/Laura Okmin (sideline reporter)
    4. Mitch Holthus (play-by-play)/John Lynch (analyst)/Jennifer Hale (sideline reporter)
    5. Chris Myers (play-by-play)[For Week 1-5 only] or Dick Stockton (play-by-play)/Tim Ryan (analyst) or Tom Waddle (analyst)/Jamie Maggio (sideline reporter)
    6. Ron Pitts (play-by-play)/Mike Martz (analyst)/Kristina Pink (sideline reporter)
    7. Sam Rosen (play-by-play)/Heath Evans (analyst)/Heidi Androl (sideline reporter)
    8. Chris Rose (play-by-play) or Chris Myers (play-by-play)/Tim Ryan (analyst)/Krista Voda (sideline reporter)

8. cal says:

In week 15 Fox will have 8 games to broadcast.
    (I even check the Thursday/Sunday and Monday night matchups even if a game is flexed it’s still 8)

They are going to need an 8th crew.

And possibly week 17 as well.

Gus Johnson could very well call one of those games since he was their last 8th announcer and College Football is dead in December.

• Derrick Yee says:

Had Chiefs radio play-by-play Mitch Holthus joined the NFL on FOX as the 4th announcer with analyst John Lynch, in week 15, FOX will have 8 games to broadcast, and Chris Myers could’ve been very well call one of those games with analyst Tim Ryan as the last 8th announcer while Dick Stockton could’ve been the 5th announcer with analyst Tom Waddle.

They are going to need an 8th crew.

Analyst Tim Ryan would’ve worked with either Chris Myers or Chris Rose on the 8th crew.