New York Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum Leaves Door Open for Team to Bring Back Bart Scott

The Jets granted linebacker Bart Scott permission to explore trade partners. General manager Mike Tannenbaum admitted that the team spoke with the linebacker’s agent at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis last week regarding the veteran’s future.

“We had a good conversation with (Scott’s agent),” Tannenbaum told ESPN 1050 radio on Tuesday by way of Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “We’ll see what happens over the next couple weeks…. Bart’s under contract. He’s given us three good years since he’s been here…. We had a really good meeting where we cleared the air on a lot of things….. In large part, Bart’s frustrations came from not winning and not playing as much as he wanted to, but he’s a team-first guy and winning is important to him.”

Scott, who has three years remaining on his contract, has a fully guaranteed base salary of $4.2 million in 2012.

“All options are on the table,” Tannenbaum said of whether Scott could be traded. “We’re going to keep having discussions with him. We’ll see where things go.”

“He’s also an inspirational leader,” he added. “He’s a tempo setter. He plays physical. So some of his production doesn’t (always) show up on the stat sheet…. He’s still a good player and he played a lot of meaningful snaps for us.”


Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to NFL Gridiron Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Comments are closed.