The spookiest week of football so far this season has the rankings in turmoil. Upsets, injuries and power outages have teams moving and shaking all over the board. As always if you think you can do better, leave your own rankings in the comments below.
1. New Orleans Saints (11-3). I struggled with this decision because even though they’ve won they haven’t really wowed by beating weaker teams mercilessly. I’m giving them the top spot only because a six game winning streak is mighty impressive.
2. Green Bay Packers (13-1). The Pack is starting to fall apart due to injuries. I know it’s only one loss, but the Packers didn’t look to good out there against the Chiefs. Now is not the time to start having issues. Luckily a bye week is almost within their grasp.
3. New England Patriots (11-3). Thank you Tom Brady for giving us a Tebow free week leading up to the holidays.
4. San Francisco 49ers (11-3). The Niners are quickly and quietly becoming Baltimore West. The style of play and the schemes they run are extremely similar. No one seems to notice that there are currently three teams modeled almost exclusively after the Ravens’ model (Jets, 49ers, and Raiders).
5. Baltimore Ravens (10-4). The Ravens had their destiny within their grasps and then pissed it all away. The Chargers scored on all but one of their possessions Sunday night and flat embarrassed this solid Ravens defense. Ugly, ugly loss.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-4). The Ravens gave the Steelers an early Christmas present and the City of Pittsburgh showed them great gratitude by promptly returning it 24 hours later.
7. Atlanta Falcons (9-5). The Falcons may have received the Jolt they coveted. This could be a franchise heating up at the right moment.
Click HERE to read the rest