I get frustrated when a guy who’s opinion I value waits until after the Combine to do his first complete first round mock. I will have mine up either before or at the conclusion of the regular season. Here is my top 12 for now.
- Colts (0-13) Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford.
- Vikings (2-11) Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor. Whether they trade the pick, trade Griffin or trade Ponder, this is – by far – the best player available.
- Rams (2-10) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State. After 2.5 years of mixing and matching, finding great #3 and #4’s but never a #1, the Rams will enter 2012 with two #1’s: Brandon Lloyd – if they can sign him – and Justin Blackmon.
- Jaguars (4-10) Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame. Alshon Jeffrey, Marvin McNutt and Kendall Wright could also be in play if they are picking later.
- Panthers (4-9) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU.
- Redskins (4-9) Matt Barkley, QB, USC.
- Browns (4-9) Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina.
- Dolphins (4-9) Nick Foles, QB, Arizona.
- Buccaneers (4-9) Devon Still, DT, Penn State. The defensive line would go from weakness to strength with Gerald McCoy coming back from injury and maybe also Albert Haynesworth on third downs.
- Chiefs (5-8) Matt Kalil, USC, T. North Carolina OLB Zach Brown is someone to watch here.
- Eagles (5-8) Riley Reiff, T, Iowa. This is one of the biggest no-brainers.
- Bills (5-8) Jonathan Martin, T, Stanford. The Bills need playmakers, yet this is best player available.
Hit “Like” if you are excited for the 2012 Draft.
More recent posts:
Buccaneers Know This Is A Gut-Check Game, Possibly Raheem’s Last At Raymond James Stadium
Week 15 Facts
Josh McCown Could End Up Seeing Action Against the Seahawks
10 Things To Watch This Weekend