The season is officially winding down as we round into the final three weeks. The top of the NFC is all but set heading into the playoffs with a few teams jockeying for those coveted top seeds, while the AFC is a completely different story. With four teams at 10-3 every week is a must win for everyone involved. High drama indeed. As always if you think you can do better, leave your own rankings in the comments below.
1. Green Bay Packers (13-0). There is no stopping the Packers this regular season. The best bet for knocking them off comes in week 17 and then the playoffs.
2. Baltimore Ravens (10-3). The Ravens have been feasting on inferior opponents for weeks now. Suddenly however they face a San Diego team fighting to stay alive. How they handle the pressure of a hot team and a must win scenario will tell us much about their playoff chances.
3. New Orleans Saints (10-3). The Saints struggled mightily against the Titans defense, but managed to squeak out a win. They hold serve in their quest to catch the 49ers.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-3). The Steelers walked out of Cleveland lucky to have a win. In the process they hobbled their QB and lost their biggest defensive playmaker to a one game suspension.
5. New England Patriots (10-3). It took a fluke play for the Patriots to hang on and beat the Redskins. That defense of theirs is a legitimate cause for concern, and will ultimately be their undoing.
6. Houston Texans (10-3). Seriously…. T.J. YATES?!? Come on…. You’re joking right?
7. San Francisco 49ers (10-3). I firmly believe that success can cripple some squads. The greatest curse forSan Francisco’s long time hopes might just have been that they won their division so early.
8. Denver Broncos (8-5). Tim Tebow continues to win. That is all.
9. New York Giants (7-6). Someone has to win the NFC east after all. Doesn’t mean anyone actually deserves it though.
10. Atlanta Falcons (8-5). For awhile there it was a very real scare that the Falcons would be knocked off by the Panthers. This is a team in need of a solid jolt to get them back on track.
Click HERE to read the rest