1. Browns. Top 4 WR right now: Little 47-495-1, Cribbs 29-358-4, Massaquoi 20-258-2, Norwood 15-197-1. They traded out and watched as the Falcons took Julio Jones in their spot. While Greg Little isn’t far behind Jones, they realize they definitely need more size and speed at the position.
2. Vikings. Top 4 WR right now: Harvin 51-554-2, Aromoshadu 9-213-1, Camarillo 4-62-0, Burton 0-0-0 (Jenkins 38-466-4 is on IR, Berrian 7-91-0 was cut). Michael Jenkins and Devin Aromoshadu shouldn’t be starting on any team, based on what I’ve seen this season.
3. Jaguars. Top 4 WR right now: Thomas 37-368-1, Dillard 14-152-1, West 6-69-0, Shorts 1-25-0 (Hill 25-367-3 is on IR). This team had been semi-efficient throwing to RB’s and Marcedes Lewis but thumping running back Rashad Jennings missed the whole year.
4. Broncos. Top 4 WR right now: Decker 37-527-8, Willis 11-154-1, Royal 17-146-1, Thomas 7-103-1 (Lloyd 19-283-0 was traded to the Rams). They will look QB in the first, but will want to take a WR not much later, especially with the lack of needs on defense.
5. Bears. Top 4 WR right now: Knox 28-622-2, Williams 24-335-1, Bennett 18-276-1 (missed 5 games), Sanzenbacher 19-172-3. They just gave Earl Bennett a 4-year, $18m extension, so it makes sense that they’d like to go for a rookie rather than a pricey free agent. They haven’t had a 1000-yard receiver since Marty Booker in 2002.
6. Cardinals. Top 4 WR right now: Fitzgerald 51-888-6, Doucet 43-525-4, Roberts 27-308-0, Sampson 3-36-0. While coordinator, O-line and QB all deserve blame, the easiest fix would be to draft a big, physical WR to take attention away from Larry Fitzgerald. Big Red traditionally lets someone like Early Doucet leave in free agency, and that will embolden them to take a receiver early, no pun intended.
7. Redskins. Top 4 WR right now: Gaffney 46-665-3, Moss 29-330-2 (missed 4 games), Stallworth 9-97-1, Armstrong 6-97-2 (Hankerson 13-163-0 is on IR). TE Cooley is leaving and Santana Moss and Gaffney are over 30, so they should be looking to the future.
8. Bills. Top 4 WR right now: Johnson 54-622-5, Nelson 245-480-5, Roosevelt 12-203-1, Smith 12-155-1 (Jones 23-231-1 is on IR). They need someone who can take attention off of Steve Johnson.
9. Colts. Top 4 WR right now: Garçon 46-655-2, Wayne 47-652-2, Collie 31-274-0, Gonzalez 0-0-0 (appeared in 6 games). Reggie Wayne may leave in free agency, the others have had to play hurt and can’t be counted on. Whether it’s circumstantial or due to the quarterbacking and maybe the protection, the Colts are incapable of a 5-WR set because there only 4 on the 53-man roster. Shockingly, only 3 wideouts have caught a pass for them.
10. Titans. Top 4 WR right now: Washington 49-628-4, Williams 27-349-5, Hawkins 29-300-1, Mariani 5-24-0 or Avery 0-0-0 (Britt 17-289-3 in just 3 games is on IR). I thought they should get T.O. for their playoff run. When they get Britt back, they will be solid but it comes down to whether WR is a position that is top-heavy or not in the draft. Top wideouts are a hot enough commodity that I expect teams to be taking them early.
Hit “Like” if you want your team to draft Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, Nick Toon, Dwight Jones, Jordan White, Jermaine Kearse or Ryan Broyles.
Follow me at: http://twitter.com/Chris_M_Bach