Upsets galore have thrown a rupture into the power rankings this week. You know my mantra, win and go up, lose and go down. Let’s see how it shakes out shall we? As always if you think you can do better, leave your own rankings in the comments below.
1. Green Bay Packers (9-0). Unless the Pack pulls their starters for the week 17 game, they will all but certainly go undefeated.
2. San Francisco 49ers (8-1). Who’s got it better than us? Apparently only the Green Bay Packers.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3). Because the Ravens couldn’t get out of their own damn way,Pittsburgh retains the AFC North lead by the slimmest of margins.
4. New Orleans Saints (7-3). It took some time, but the Saints finally took care of business against the Falcons.
5. Houston Texans (7-3). Can Houston continue to win without Matt Schaub? Well they’re going to have to I suppose.
6. Chicago Bears (6-3). Despite the strong showing from the Bears of late, they’re still on the wildcard looking in at the 9-0 Packers.
7. New England Patriots (6-3). Pats get their game back on track by running the Jets out of their own building.
8. New York Giants (6-3). A heartbreaking loss to the Niners has the Giants only a game up onDallas for the division lead.
9. Baltimore Ravens (6-3). The Baltimore Ravens led the AFC North for approximately three hours on Sunday, and then they decided to shoot themselves in the foot. Shameful display of mental focus has them falling big time this week.
10. Cincinnati Bengals (6-3). Cincy had a chance to take solid control of the AFC North but just couldn’t get it done. A slow start against the Steelers doomed this squad.Baltimore looms in the distance angry and motivated.
11. Atlanta Falcons (5-4).Atlanta was poised to take control of the AFC South for good by knocking off the Saints. So much for that.
12. Detroit Lions (6-3). So much for getting things together during the bye week. Lions looked lost out there on Sunday
13. Dallas Cowboys (5-4). Another solid effort from Romo has Dallas nipping at the heels of the Giants. Can they pull off the comeback and take the division?
14. Oakland Raiders (5-4). At 5-4 Oakland leads the AFC West. You have to believe that if Carson keeps playing at a high level they could be major spoilers come playoff time.
15. Tennessee Titans (5-4). Matt Hasselbeck is a good quarterback. I hope he get’s another opportunity with the Titans next season.
16. New York Jets (5-4). Two steps forward three steps back for the Jets. The loss to the Pats could really hurt come playoff time.
17. Buffalo Bills (5-4). Looks like all the good karma the Bills generated in their magical season has finally run out.
18. Denver Broncos (4-5). If your quarterback is attempting 8 total passes, something has gone horribly wrong. Seriously, this is a sideshow, not a football team.
19. Arizona Cardinals (3-6). John Skelton played three levels above his head in beating the Eagles on the road. He should be insanely proud of his effort.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-5).Tampa is really struggling with the tougher slate of games. Once the young darlings of the NFL, they’ve been relegated to also rans.
21. Kansas City Chiefs (4-5). Chiefs are back to their floundering ways. You have to wonder if Matt Cassel is the new Kyle Boller. All the promise, none of the delivery.
22. San Diego Chargers (4-5). I hereby dub the newly coined Ryan Leaf curse. Thou shalt consistently play below expectations, so sayeth the Lord.
23. Seattle Seahawks (3-6). Seattle has a lot of work to do if their going to rebuild this unit into a contender. That starts with drafting a QB next spring.
24. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-6). This Jacksonville defense is something to build upon. A good solid core of players.
25. Philadelphia Eagles (3-6). Andy Reid better start winning or he’s going to soon be looking for work elsewhere.
26. Miami Dolphins (2-7). Matt Moore gets his team another victory. I don’t think he’s the long term answer at quarterback though. Not by any stretch.
27. St. Louis Rams (2-7). Hey look at that, the Rams win by beating the Browns. I feel like they should get a gold star or a smiley face sticker or something.
28. Washington Redskins (3-6). In all of the many years of sitting on my butt watching football, I can’t remember a team so badly snake bitten with injuries.
29. Cleveland Browns (3-6). Really? You can’t be St. Louis? Paraplegic puppies have been putting up more fight than the Rams.
30. Minnesota Vikings (2-7). All of a sudden the hot rookie quarterbacks aren’t looking so hot.
31. Carolina Panthers (2-7). Wake me up when Cam Newton actually wins games instead of flashing gaudy numbers.
32. Indianapolis Colts (0-10). One or two more loses and the Colts will have all but sealed the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.