Hey all, its JW here holding down T and M for Fuchs today. You know I love covering them for him. Let’s delve in!
– Tough, tough loss. The Giants tried to win another mariclous comeback, but to no avail.
– Poor play calling by Gilbride. Third and two on the ten yard line and you run a draw? Are you kidding me? Everyone knew it was coming.
– Yes, Eli Manning threw two interceptions, but he played great. Another terrific 4th quarter. Manningham needs to come up with that ball.
– Give the 49′ers credit. They’re legit.
– Boley’s hamstring injury could be troublsome. Early indications are that it isn’t good. One can assume he’ll be out next week. Ross’s quad bruise will likely force the Giants to activate CB Prince Amukamara this week to provide added insurance.
– Movie Interlude: Saw the new Harold and Kumar Christmas movie. Not bad. Had it’s funny moments. I think, and it might be just me, but the white castle one was the best one.
– Early indications are that Eagles QB Michael Vick won’t play, either. He suffered broken ribs in yesterday’s loss to the Cardnials. Some of the Eagles beat writers believe it will be Young, not Vick, who goes Sunday night.
-I’ll re-post what Fuchs wrote last week, because it’s true. “Linval Joseph is really coming along. He’s so big, so strong, and he gets a push in the run game. He and Canty, who is also playing well, have been great inside.” Jospeh recorded a sack in yesterday’s defeat.
– The niners exposed the Giants LB’s for sure. Without Boley they can’t cover the short to intermediate routes. They’ll have to rely on getting even more pressure.
– I think Ware played a solid game. Had a few good runs and catches. Ware does block very well, too. But one thing is clear. The Giants need RB Ahmad Bradshaw back.
– Manningham had a great game for someone who nearly didn’t play. He needs to come up with that ball, though. Manning laid it right in there and Manningham couldn’t come up with it. Killer. Manning almost did it again.
– I honestly think this loss will make the Giants realize they can’t leave it to the last quarter to come back. They need to be strong for all quarters. Maybe this was a wakeup call.
– Beer Interulude: Who doesn’t love a nice brew? What’s your favorite. I’ll post mine to your responses!