The Rams are coming off a beatdown at the hands of Green Bay in Lambeau Field and then a beatdown by the Dallas Cowboys in Jerry World and are facing a 3rd destruction in a row to a Saints team that put up 62 points last week.
The Rams are the early game on Fox for the Mississippi River valley and it looks like the game is sold out enough to be shown on local TV in St. Louis. However, I’m sure some Rams fans will opt to burn their tickets for the warmth rather than attend the game. The stadium will be mostly full with Saints fans either way. Map here.
What to Watch For
- No Sam – The confidence the Rams coaches have in AJ Feeley was laid bare in last week’s game. The Rams got the football at the 40 yard line after an out of bounds kickoff. They ran the ball three times out of the shotgun to Steven Jackson for a total of 3 yards including a draw on 3rd and 9. The Rams coaches have no confidence in Feeley and they do not even come close to running their offense when he is in the game. It looks more like a preseason offense.
- Brandon Lloyd – One quarter into Lloyd’s first game as a Ram and he actually looked like the first real wide receiver the Rams have had in a long time. The Rams would benefit trying to get Lloyd the ball more despite their lack of confidence in their quarterback.
- Go Easy On Us – The Saints are going to destroy the Rams and the only hope for the Rams is if they decide to take their foot off the gas once they are up 21 points. They didn’t stop attacking last week up by a ton against the Colts and they will not let up against the Rams.
- The Defense – Last week, the Rams defense was embarrassed by the Cowboys. The Rams have a defensive coach who has been unable to put together a NFL-quality defense 2 out of the 3 years in St. Louis. The Saints have so many ways to exploit a defense that they will be able to pick their poison against the Rams.
- AJ Feeley – Last week I said “Am I the only one who is comfortable with AJ Feeley’s ability to “manage” the Rams offense on Sunday?” (Apparently I was)
- 3rd Times The… – The Rams are facing the Saints for the 3rd year in a row. In 2009, the Saints came to town and the Rams played them tough, which was the first signs of life for a previously moribund franchise. The Rams lost 23-28, but played one of their best games of the 1-15 season. Last year, in 2010, the Rams again played the Saints, but this time, the results were different, with the Saints rolling over the Rams easily for a 13-31 loss. Which Rams team will show up? The team with fight or the team that is very happy to roll over and collect their game check.