The Rams are coming off a beatdown at the hands of Green Bay in Lambeau Field to travel to Jerry’s World to play the Cowboys.
The Rams are the secondary “Game of the Week” at 4pm Eastern on FOX and thanks to the Cowboys the game will be shown in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas and New Mexico. Map here.
What to Watch For
- Sam? – This is more of a pregame thing rather than a game thing, but Sam Bradford has not practiced with the team yet this week since suffering the dreaded “high ankle” sprain in last week’s last play against Green Bay. (Injury to insult, much?) If Sam Bradford doesn’t go, AJ Feeley will play. The Rams prospects of winning this game drop dramatically with Sam Bradford off the field.
- Brandon Lloyd – The Rams picked up WR Brandon Lloyd from the Broncos on Monday and by all accounts he will be ready to go on Sunday. It is unclear at this point how much of an impact he will have. He is already a huge key for the Rams offense before even playing a down.
- Bad Tony – The Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is capable of amazing greatness, but also, he can make mistakes. When he makes his weekly mistakes, the Rams will have to capitalize on them.
- The Defense – What to do with this defense that cannot leave their replacement corners on an island and have had trouble getting pressure with just their front four? Steve Spagnuolo’s patented blitzing and pressure defense is neutered by the Rams injuries in their secondary. What will the Rams do against the Cowboys and their playmakers? Will they go conservative and help the corners? Will they go all out blitz and hope it gets home? Game Theory says that the Rams as the underdog should go with a high-risk, high-reward strategy to force turnovers from the Cowboys offense.
- AJ Feeley – Am I the only one who is comfortable with AJ Feeley’s ability to “manage” the Rams offense on Sunday?