Another week down, another set of Power Rankings to set your passions aflame. Did you favorite team climb the charts? Or did it sink like a stone? As always if you think you can do better, leave your own rankings in the comments below.
1. Green Bay Packers (2-0).Green Bay holds the top spot until someone knocks them off. Can the Bears claim that honor on Sunday?
2. New England Patriots (2-0). Tom Brady is throwing up career numbers to mask the fact that there are some big issues up and down the Patriots.
3. New York Jets (2-0). The Jets destroyed the Jaguars at home. Yeah it’s a good win, but it doesn’t impress me much.
4. Houston Texans (2-0). First the Texans dismantle the Colts, and then they took apart Chad Henne. The good times keep on rolling.
5. New Orleans Saints (1-1). Saints rebound with a convincing win over the Bears.
6. Philadelphia Eagles (1-1). The injury to Vick has to be troubling for the Philly Faithful. That said if McCoy is healthy the team should still be set well to win.
7. Atlanta Falcons (1-1). Still not the best performance out of Matt Ryan, or his defense, but it was enough to get past the Eagles.
8. Baltimore Ravens (1-1). The Ravens follow up an impressive beat-down of Pittsburgh by laying an absolute egg against Titans. The team might as well have not even shown up.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1). Steelers got the train back on track but blowing out Seattle like they got blown out inBaltimore.
10. Chicago Bears (1-1). No shame in getting beat by the Saints. The better team simply got the job done. 30-13 has got to hurt withGreen Bay coming to town though.
11. Detroit Lions (2-0). Confidence builder against the Chiefs leave the Lions on a high note heading into the matchup against Minnesota.
12. San Diego Chargers (1-1).New England is still just flat out the better team. San Diego has to find a way to win on the east coast.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1). Bucs rebounded nicely with a win over the Vikings.
14. Dallas Cowboys (1-1). Even without broken ribs and a punctured lung, Romo was struggling to put away the 49ers.
15. Buffalo Bills (2-0). How long can Fitzpatrick ride the Bills gravy train? Showdown with Dallas looms large.
16. Washington Redskins (2-0). Efficient quarterback play and solid defense have the Redskins undefeated after two weeks.
17. New York Giants (1-1). Giants manage to knock off the mediocre Rams. Good for them. They’re still not a very good team.
18. Oakland Raiders (1-1). Ups and downs are the Raiders signature calling card.
19. Tennessee Titans (1-1). Hasselbeck and his Titans just provided every team in the NFL a blue print for how to beat the Baltimore Ravens. All you need to use is a Cover-2 defense and a rapid release offense.
20. Cincinnati Bengals (1-1). Fun fact: the Bengals are in 1st place atop the AFC north. Loss to the putrid Broncos doesn’t look good.
21. Arizona Cardinals (1-1). Travelling to D.C. had to have an effect on the Cardinal players, but excuses aside, the mistakes they made (and there were plenty) proved costly.
22. Cleveland Browns (1-1). Beating the Colts has to feel good, but like tripping an elderly woman, it has to come with some remorse as well.
23. St. Louis Rams (0-2). A rough early season schedule has the Rams reeling. They’re going to have to regroup quickly to knock off the stunned Ravens
24. Carolina Panthers (0-2). Cam Newton has been a revelation, but his team is still losing.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1). Follow up a win over the Titans with a humiliating loss to the Jets.
26. Indianapolis Colts (0-2). How long until the “We Want Painter” chants begin in Indy?
27. Miami Dolphins (0-2). Remember what I said about Henne needing to be more consistent? Yeah, stick with that.
28. Minnesota Vikings (0-2). Man does this team just look bad. Having Detroit on the horizon means things probably aren’t going to get much better.
29. San Francisco 49ers (1-1). 49ers can’t beat Tony Romo even when the guy has fractured ribs and a punctured lung.
30. Denver Broncos (1-1). Well they won a game, I suppose that’s a start.
31. Kansas City Chiefs (0-2). Who is worse,Kansas City or Seattle? You flip a coin and let me know what you come up with.
32. Seattle Seahawks (0-2). Tavaris Jackson just isn’t that good. Let’s call a spade a spade here, San Francisco is not the cream of the NFL talent, and Tavaris looked bad.