Previewing the Colts game.
THINGS TO WATCH:
1. Offensive Line: How well veterans LG Lang & OL Newhouse play in the game. How goes the roster battle position at center go between backups McDonald and Dietrich-Smith. How well do rookies guard Schlauderaff and LT Sherrod play?
2. Tight Ends: How goes the interesting battle for roster spots beyond starter Jermichael Finley for backup positions? How well do D. J. Williams, Andrew Quarless, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor and Spencer Havner play showing their skills in pass catching, blocking and special teams abilities trying to make final roster?
3. Wide Receivers: The Packers have a deep receiving corps with veterans Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Nelson, along with rookie Cobb. After them, if at all, who may make the final roster cut for an extra wide receiver position: Brett Swain, Chastin West, or Tori Gurley?
4. Secondary: How goes the competition among Pat Lee, Brandon Underwood, and Josh Gordy for final roster spots?
5. Inside Linebackers: With the emergence of rookie draft pick D.J. Smith, second-year player Robert Francois & first-year player Cardia Jackson among inside linebackers, who plays well enough to make final roster? Currently, Francois and Smith are the second-team duo behind Hawk and Bishop, while Jackson hopes to make a late run for the final roster.
6. No-huddle offense: Obviously, during the regular season, the Packers will not run it on every play. When and how effective do they run it tonight?