The Browns may have some interest in taking QB Terrelle Pryor in the August 17th Supplemental Draft he is expected to be available for. Pryor will be holding a workout Friday and the Plains-Dealer has announced they are definitely going to be in attendance. ESPN Dallas says that the Cowboys will be present for it as well. The Redskins plan on being there, too, according to John Keim from the Washington Examiner.
Some of these teams may not show up but could be competing in gamesmanship, pretending to be interested by floating that out there, attempting to cause someone to draft him earlier.
What other teams may be showing up for the workout?
1. Dolphins. They’ve been rumored to have been viewing tape on him and many think they need some quarterback help. Of course, they famously took another successful scrambling college QB in Pat White in the 2nd round of the 2008 draft and he is out of the NFL, awaiting his first professional snaps at quarterback (he ran 21 times for 81 yards in 2009).
2. Bucs. They’ve also been rumored to have been viewing tape on him. Raheem Morris has taken on plenty of players with known attitude problems.
3. Giants. They could let him simulate Vick in practice. The Giants might roll with Carr as the primary back-up while developing Pryor to eventually take over for Manning. That said, it makes more sense for Coughlin to put him in at Wildcat to help try to get him a playoff win and save himself from being fired.
4. Bills. For two straight years, NFL experts kept thinking the Bills should draft a quarterback and they haven’t done it. Chan Gailey likes mobile quarterbacks.
5. Ravens. Anquan Boldin re-tweeted an article suggesting he would make a good mentor in helping Terrelle Pryor switch from quarterback to wide receiver like he did at Florida State. Baltimore is thin at quarterback.
6. Jaguars. The Jaguars need to sell tickets. Adding an explosive playmaker like Terrelle Pryor for Wildcat and gadget plays might do that.
7. Jets. Another rehab spot for players deemed too soft or troubled. They haven’t found someone to replace Brad Smith.
8. Raiders. If he or she has a rocket arm and fast legs, it doesn’t matter where he or she is from or even if he or she has played football before. Al Davis is interested.