Now that the Seahawks have committed “Grand Theft Miller” there are rumblings that they may be interested in unloading tight end John Carlson in a trade package for disgruntled Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora.
Carlson has one year left on his rookie contract and judging by the commitment Seattle has made to Zach Miller he will not be assuming a starting role with the Seahawks.
Rather then risk losing him for nothing in a season, they may use him as trade bait to lower the Giants demands of a first round choice in return for the defensive end. Kevin Boss in an unrestricted free agent and there aren’t any clear indications he will be returning to New York.
– Umenyiora is interested in Seattle more than any other team and is the only team he has publicly requested a trade to
– Seattle is among 20+ teams that has interest and had contact with Umenyiora’s agent
– The Giants need a starting tight end
– The Seahawks now have an extra one
– The Giants gave Umenyiora’s agent permission to seek a trade
Trade talks have yet to be confirmed, but all of the pieces mesh seamlessly. A fourth round pick and John Carlson is probably something Pete Carroll would pull the trigger on. After signing Jimmy Wilkerson, Alan Branch, and Ryan Sims, I don’t see Pete Carroll forking over anything higher then a third round draft choice in any potential package.
You can view up to date Seahawks free agency news and rumors by clicking here