Former Bears coach Mike Ditka pulled no punches on Friday at a luncheon when he said that the opener in 2010 between the Lions and Bears was stolen from Detroit when Calvin Johnson made what should have been a game-winning touchdown catch.
The iconic former Chicago Bears player and coach recently praised the strength of the NFC North and the up-and-coming Lions. And yes, Ditka said, Calvin Johnson did make a legal catch in last year’s season opener at Chicago.
“The game in Chicago they got stolen from them,” Ditka said Friday at a Gridiron Greats function in Novi. “That should never have happened. I don’t give a (expletive) what the rule says. That’s a bad rule and it was interpreted wrong and it was officiated poorly.”
Kudos to “Iron” Mike for admitting that his old team should have lost the game, and that the Lions got robbed setting up another tough season.