Michael Huff, Stanford Routt, Robert Gallery, Langston Walker, Mario Henderson, Richard Seymour, John Henderson, Zach Miller, Thomas Howard, Johnnie Lee Higgins, and Michael Bush.
3 quarters of the starting backfield, 3 starters during the season on the OL, their All-Pro DL, TE and CB, and part of their 2 headed running backs.
Everyone understand why Al wanted/needed the 2010 season to be a playoff season at minimum?
So where does the priority lay in re-signing these guys? Here’s how I see it…
1. Richard Seymour – most likely franchise tag
2. Nnamdi Asomghua – 33 pass attempts all year, only allowed 13 completions for 205 yards, #2 rated passing defense. Really, this has to be thought about? And for everyone mentioning no sacks, no interceptions, no FF…when your team only leaves you on one side and then the offense doesn’t look at you, what more do you want the person to do? For him to play like Revis it will because he’ll be joining him in NY.
3. Robert Gallery – chances, none, he was a Cable guy. Their offense didn’t click until Gallery came back, though.
4. Zach Miller – I like Zach, but I’m not in love to the point that I wouldn’t take the 3 above him first though. Al, though, probably is thinking Dave Casper/Todd Christensen and will make him a higher priority.
5. Michael Bush – another one that I don’t love and wouldn’t be disappointed if he isn’t re-signed. The Raiders have tried trading him, so while he’ll get some money, it won’t be as a starter so why prioritize him any higher than this?
6. The Rest – I could break it down, but come on, really who would you want to prioritize that makes a difference? Each one gives up to many big plays whether in the passing game, running game, on on the offensive line. So let them be…