* First drive was a huge success. 10 plays that the offense seemed to run on all cylinders. Issue is, they had to settle for a field goal. Good news though is Matt Bryant nailed it from 46 yards, giving the team an early 3-0 lead.
* Defense gave it right back, which was a big concern. They allowed Tom Brady and the Pats to go on a long drive that took 6:15 and ended with five missed tackles on a TD run by Fred Taylor from 28 yards out. The defense just looked a step behind the whole drive.
* The drive that started in the second quarter was another good one, but the drive again stalled and this time Bryant pushed a 47-yard field goal wide. Bryant may have the kicker job locked up, but he can’t miss kicks like that.
* The defense again looked a step slow as the Pats went on a 63-yard drive that went 11 plays and 6:54 as the Pats went up 14-3 when rookie TE Aaron Hernandez caught a 4-yard score.
* Ryan had more good moments than bad, but was unable to get the team in the end zone, which needs to get better when the season starts. 8-for-13 for 76 yards, no picks and no TD’s.
* A solid drive ended with a pick at the Pats 37. It would have been nice to end the half with points, but things seemed to go backwards after the team had a 1st-and-10 at the Pats 32.