No Chargers to be Filed in the Shooting Around Vick’s Birthday Party


There’s still plenty of talk about the Eagles releasing QB Michael Vick, but for now at least, no one will be charged in the shooting that has him on thin ice with the team.

The AP reports “at this time” no charges will be filed in the late-night shooting outside of a nightclub that was hosting Vick’s birthday party last week, police announced Tuesday.

Vick has denied involvement in the shooting, which came shortly after Vick had left the club. Police said that because of reluctance to cooperate from the victim and witnesses, no charges will be filed.

“Investigators were able to determine the identity of the shooter,” the statement said. “Unfortunately because of the lack of cooperation from the victim, coupled with the reluctance of witnesses, the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office, upon reviewing all of the evidence, has determined that no charges will be filed in this case at this time. Because the suspect will not be charged, his identity cannot be released by police. There are no other suspects in this case, including Michael Vick.”

The victim has not be identified by the police, but Vick’s attorney Larry Woodward says it was Quanis Phillips — a co-defendant in Vick’s dogfighting case.


Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to NFL Gridiron Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Comments are closed.