10. “Don’t Blink You May Miss A Score Special”: Week 1 – Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears. This has the makings of a high-powered shootout. Biggest arms the league has to offer go head-to-head in what will be a wild offensive thriller. Team with the ball last wins. Both defenses have mediocre secondaries. Aerial display of fireworks at its finest, Stafford vs. Cutler, the two most unpredictable, inaccurate, shaky gunslingers. 51-48 sound appealing?
9. “Clash Of Styles Collide In Lambeau”: Week 13 – San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers. You would think the warm weather West Coast team would provide the pass-happy offense and the cold weather Midwest squad would give you the run it down your throat up the gut attack, right? Both teams have playoff admirations in mind –49ers could be wrapping up the division while the Packers could be fighting for their playoff lives trying to keep up with division rival Minnesota. In what should be an evenly matched affair and a big road test for San Francisco, you could argue that more could be riding on the line for Green Bay at this stage of the season. Nonetheless, an entertaining NFC battle between two storied franchises.
8. “Early Season Measuring Stick, Playoff Preview”: Week 2 – New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers. Monday Night contest features two of the finest and innovative coaches. Sean Payton’s explosive passing show against Mike Singletary’s tricky defensive unit. X’s and O’s should not be underestimated with these two mastermind gurus. I like this game a lot because the Niners have much to prove, and what better way to treat the home fans to an early season victory on MNF against the defending Super Bowl Champs! Week 2 games often give way to crazy results and you have to believe something unexpected will come before this night is over.
7. “Hall Of Fame QB’s In The Nation’s Capital: Week 12 – Minnesota Vikings @ Washington Redskins. Tough, gutsy, confident, prideful…Winners. They leave it all on the field. Favre vs. McNabb – does it get any better than this? Two of the most consummate professionals and persevering warriors we’ve ever seen take the gridiron will do whatever it takes to come out on top in this unique, one-of-a-kind match-up. Two ultimate competitors who never miss a down square off in what will be Must-See TV come late November.
6. “Passing Wizards Take Center Stage”: Week 9 – Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers. Two teams that many experts think have an excellent opportunity to represent the NFC in Dallas come February will meet Sunday Night in a pivotal NFC showdown. Rodgers-Romo will be yet another prime time chance to catch an outstanding head-to-head QB duel. How loaded is Dallas on both sides of the ball? Certainly you can make a case for Green Bay being just as stacked. No doubt points will come easy, punters will be left at home, and quite possibly the winner might have the edge atop the conference in what will be a wide-open NFC. Is there any reason not to tune in to NBC November 9th?
5. “The Game Inside The Game -Once Admired Hero Returns Home —To Boos”: Week 4 – Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles. The beloved, yet often criticized, and misunderstood Donovan McNabb will have his hands full when the chance of a lifetime calls, to stick it to his former team in the NFC’s #5 game to watch in 2010. What a golden opportunity for the future H.O.F. signal caller ran out of town because of his inability to deliver the city of Brotherly Love a Super Bowl championship to seek and capture revenge. A coach’s nightmare, a fan’s dream come true. Even better, a media-filled frenzy, as they will be chomping at the bit turning this game into a circus before the game even starts. Post game recap, Donovan McNabb’s performance best described – a field day.
4. “Legend Makes Another Visit To Old Stomping Grounds”: Week 7 – Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers. Favre-Rodgers Round 3. Favre returns to Green Bay! Rivalry game will captivate even the most casual fan. This will be the highest rated prime time game of the year. Both teams love to score and both teams hate each other. Both teams could be 6-0 vs. 5-0? No, not a chance…
3. “Trying To Reach Your Level”: Week 6 – Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings. 34-3. No need for bulletin board material. America’s Team remembers. There season ended in the Metrodome, soaked in embarrassment and drenched in humiliation. This game will mean so much to Dallas – Shall I say, “Statement Game”? By all means circle this date on your calendar.
2. “Dethroning The Team Atop, Time For Payback. Picking Up Where We Left Off, Time To Defend Our House, Our City, Our Crown -Our Supremacy”: Week 1 – Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints. 5 Reason Why Vikings Will Win NFC Title Rematch
Any time you have “Twitter Wars” going back and forth between key players in May, four months (baffled by this fiasco) before the actual game, you know there’s bad blood and you know this game has something more to it —and to top it off, we don’t have to wait because it kicks off the 2010 NFL season! Imagine this game on Pay-Per-View! Would you pay $44.95? $49.95? $54.95? Do I have any takers? $59.95? $64.95? $69.95? Is that my highest bid? Could it spark your interest that much? So much, that you would be willing to take out the wallet and throw down some cash on this Week 1 NFC Title Rematch? Even in during these crazed economic times? Vikings-Saints, The Sequel of the Overtime Thriller and Best Game of the 2009-2010 NFL Season.
1. “Tantalizing Thanksgiving Treat“: Week 12 – New Orleans Saints @ Dallas Cowboys. Arguably the two most talented teams in all of football playing at the biggest stadium, on one of the biggest days for football -can you ask for any bigger of a scene, setting and stage? This game has all the potential! It takes the cake, it takes the top honors, and it will come at a time when teams are usually playing their best football. All eyes will be feasting on the only game playing at the time and this game will live up to all the hype surrounding the atmosphere come Thanksgiving Day. Dream scenario…10-0 vs. 10-0? NFC Title Preview? Must-See TV.