A minor stir was created amongst the gamer/baller hybrid community when somebody swiped a video of the Madden ’11 rankings of players at the top of their respective positions.
As I was glancing over the latest ratings that have been bootlegged (and are probably subject to change) I did notice that the newest version of the video game franchise thinks quite highly of many players wearing purple and gold.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the highlights:
- Brett Favre is the 6th highest QB with a 92 rating.
- Adrian Peterson is the 2nd best running back, and 8th best overall player, with a 98.
- Bryant McKinnie is the 8th highest left tackle with a 90.
- Steve Hutchinson is the best left guard in the game with a 97.
- Ray Edwards is the 8th best left end with an 85 rating.
- Jared Allen is listed as the best right end, and the fourth best overall player, with the rare rating of a 99.
- Kevin Williams is the best defensive tackle in the game with a 97.
- Chad Greenway is the 6th best ROLB with an 88.
- Ryan Longwell is the 4th best kicker with a 92 rating.
So, while the omission of Sidney Rice and Visanthe Shiancoe from the “Top 8” of their respective positions has me a tad surprised, it seems the Vikings will be a good team to play with this year…
If you’re some hack blogger named Adam Warwas nerd that is into that sort of thing.