This Sunday the Broncos will try to do the hardest thing in all of sports, try to win despite their coach. Though all signs point to the Broncos ’09 season ending in a ball of flames, they will try to better their chances of extending their season with a victory over the Chiefs this Sunday at Invesco field.
The Broncos will try to win their most important game of the year without two of their best offensive weapons. Both WR Brandon Marshall and TE Tony Scheffler have been benched for reasons mostly unknown. Josh McDaniels has hinted that he believes both Marshall and Scheffler are not willing to play hard enough through their injuries. One thing is for certain, McDaniels has again alienated a young pro bowl player and has all but forced at least one more rising star out of Denver.
The Broncos hope to again have an effective ground attack going against the Chiefs. In their previous meeting on Dec 6th, the Broncos rushed for over 200 yards rushing and also scored a defensive TD in a 44-13 drubbing of the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.
The Broncos have 10 different scenarios to enter the playoffs and are the only team in the hunt that could actually lose their game and still have a chance to move on.
Prediction: Broncos win a wild one 34-27
Here’s how Denver clinches a playoff spot:
– DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + BAL loss or tie
– DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + PIT loss or tie
– DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + HOU win
– DEN win + BAL loss or tie + PIT loss or tie
– DEN win + BAL loss or tie + HOU win
– PIT loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss
– PIT loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + NYJ loss
– PIT loss + BAL loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss
– PIT loss + HOU loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss
– MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss or tie