As tempting as it would be to add more fuel to the Cowher for coach or Weis/Martz for OC next season, it is after all Packers week…not to mention stop 1 of 4 on the Ron Turner Farewell Tour. So in honor of our friend, Ron, here are some mostly offensive related things I hope I don’t see on Sunday, the 178th clash between Blue and Green…
- I hope I don’t see Orlando Pace line up at left tackle. We need to let Chris Williams play out the remainder of the season and see what we have in last year’s #1 pick. (I’m thinking the kid will be all right). Besides, do you really want your future HOFer getting torched by another smaller, faster edge rusher (i.e. Clay Matthews)?
- On a related note, I hope I don’t see Jay Cutler on his ass more times than his number of pass completions. The dude has taken a beating over the first 12 games. Another Soldier Field smackdown in some frigid temps could finally do him in.
- I hope I don’t see Lovie have to resort to ‘sending the house’ to get pressure on Rodgers. Wale had a couple sacks and generated consistent pressure in the first meeting. That opening game was a sign of things to come as Rodgers has been the most sacked QB in the league this year. So if we can’t get pressure against these guys…
- I hope I don’t see Devin Aromashodu riding the pine for most of the game. His size will be needed against the physical, bump and run Packer CBs. Remember how Woodson and Harris (who’s out injured) man-handled the Bears young WRs in week one? Should we be fortunate enough to crack the red zone, he’d be a nice target for Cutler.
- I hope I don’t see Matt Forte average 2 yards per carry again. Then again, after 12 weeks, you are what you are. Forte hasn’t had a lot of help from his O-line, but he’s not doing much to make people miss either.
- I hope I don’t hear people screaming for more Kahlil Bell. The guy’s a nice story and all, but there’s a reason he was a practice squad player. His 72-yard run vs. the Eagles was the result of great blocking (did I just say that?) and an out-of-place defense. He’s averaged 3.14 yards on his other 14 carries this season.
- I hope I don’t see Gaines Adams on the inactive list again. On second thought, maybe the pine is the best place for him. I’m not sure how he’d react to getting shut out against the Pack’s leaky O-line.