No, this isn’t a post where I tell Bryant McKinnie to avoid drinking too much over the course of the bye week. No this isn’t a post where I tell Bryant McKinnie to avoid strip clubs, night clubs, or using metal poles as clubs. And no this isn’t a post where I tell Bryant McKinnie to avoid boats and/or Lake Minnetonka.
Instead, I wanted to give you a little friendly advice on who to cheer for during a week of Viking-less football (and, no, I haven’t taken each of your fantasy teams into account).
1. Cheer for the Redskins: The Skins are not going to make the playoffs, but the falcons might. One more loss for the Falcons makes it that much more likely that we would have home field advantage in the case of having to face them in the playoffs.
2. Cheer For The Cardinals: Since we have to play the Bears twice still this year, they are now enemy #1. Letting the Cardinals beat up on them would make the Vikings that much more likely to remain on top of the division.
3. Cheer for the Ravens: The Vikings have already beat the Ravens, and still have to face the Bengals. If the Ravens could abuse them badly, then perhaps the Bengals will have no confidence left when they come face the Vikings.
4. Cheer for the Patriots: Kick back and watch Randy Moss do his thing. What Vikings fan doesn’t enjoy that?
5. Cheer for the Bucs: The old saying goes, “I cheer for the Vikings and whoever is playing the Packers.” Plus nobody really wants to see the Bucs go winless, do they?
6. Cheer for the Panthers: Right now it looks like the Saints are the biggest threat to the Vikings Super Bowl desires. Hope that the Panthers can somehow put one in the Saints loss column and put on tape how to beat that powerhouse of a team.
7. Cheer for the Seahawks: The Lions are not really a threat to our divisional status anymore, but watching them continue to have to draft in the top 5 and pay players who get drafted in the top 5 will be sure to keep them there for a long, long time.
8. Cheer For The Chargers: I wouldn’t mind if the giants continue their mid-season collapse.
9. Cheer for the Titans: Starting to see a trend? That’s right, cheer for the AFC team to beat the NFC team. The Niners might be in our past, but a loss to the Titans might ensure that they stay there.
10. Cheer for the Eagles and Cowboys to tie: I dislike these teams equally and they are both a threat to the Viking sin the playoffs.