Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com
Running back DONALD BROWN of the Indianapolis Colts, wide receiver PERCY HARVIN of the Minnesota Vikings, running back KNOWSHON MORENO of the Denver Broncos, quarterback MARK SANCHEZ of the New York Jets and quarterback MATTHEW STAFFORD of the Detroit Lions are the finalists for PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK honors for games played on September 27 – 28, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 9 am ET and ending Friday at noon ET to determine the PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK. The PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com/rookies.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIV in South Florida.
A closer look at the finalists:
- Indianapolis’ DONALD BROWN totaled 112 scrimmage yards in the Colts’ 31-10 victory Sunday night at Arizona. Brown had 40 rushing yards and a 72-yard reception.
- Minnesota’s PERCY HARVIN made four catches for 51 yards and had a 101-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the Vikings’ 27-24 win over the San Francisco 49ers.
- Denver’s KNOWSHON MORENO had 21 carries for 90 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos’ 23-3 win over the Oakland Raiders.
- New York Jets’ MARK SANCHEZ completed 17 of 30 passes for 171 yards and two touchdowns with one interception in the Jets’ 24-17 win over Tennessee, becoming the first rookie quarterback to start and win his team’s first three games of a season in the past 40 years.
- Detroit’s MATTHEW STAFFORD completed 21 of 36 passes for 241 yards and one touchdown in the Lions’ 19-14 win over the Washington Redskins. Stafford led Detroit to its first win since December 23, 2007.
This is Pepsi’s eighth year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the fifth year that Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.