Fans To Vote For Winners On NFL.com
FedEx Delivers Pedestrian Safety Improvements
On Behalf of Winning Players In Their Teams’ Markets
Quarterbacks JOE FLACCO of the Baltimore Ravens, KEVIN KOLB of the Philadelphia Eagles and PEYTON MANNING of the Indianapolis Colts are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on September 27 – 28, while running backs CORRELL BUCKHALTER of the Denver Broncos, MAURICE JONES-DREW of the Jacksonville Jaguars and PIERRE THOMAS of the New Orleans Saints are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team’s city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and street signage to traffic barriers and educational training.
For a second season, fans can tune into the “FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown” posted exclusively on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network’s RICH EISEN and MARSHALL FAULK host the weekly five-minute show.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Baltimore’s JOE FLACCO completed 25 of 35 passes for 342 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens’ 34-3 win over the Cleveland Browns.
- Philadelphia’s KEVIN KOLB completed 24 of 34 passes for 327 yards and two touchdowns in the Eagles’ 34-14 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Indianapolis’ PEYTON MANNING completed 24 of 35 passes for 379 yards and four touchdowns with one interception, and won his 120th career game in the Colts’ 31-10 victory at Arizona on Sunday Night Football.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Denver’s CORRELL BUCKHALTER rushed 14 times for 108 yards in the Broncos’ 23-3 win at Oakland.
- Jacksonville’s MAURICE JONES-DREW had 23 carries for 119 yards and three touchdowns in the Jaguars’ 31-24 win over the Houston Texans.
- New Orleans’ PIERRE THOMAS had 14 carries for 126 yards and two touchdowns in the Saints’ 27-7 win over the Buffalo Bills.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance while delivering safe kids off the field. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements through its 10-year partnership with Safe Kids USA.