You can go to NFL.Com to vote
Linebacker BRIAN CUSHING of the Houston Texans, wide receiver PERCY HARVIN of the Minnesota Vikings, cornerback BRUCE JOHNSON of the New York Giants, wide receiver JOHNNY KNOX of the Chicago Bears and quarterback MARK SANCHEZ of the New York Jets are the finalists for PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK honors for games played on September 21 – 22, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies beginning Tuesday at 9 am ET and ending Friday at noon ET to determine the PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK. The PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com/rookies.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIV in South Florida.
A closer look at the finalists:
- Houston’s BRIAN CUSHING led the Texans with 10 tackles, including two for a loss and one pass defensed in the Texans’ 34 – 31 win over the AFC South rival Tennessee Titans.
- Minnesota’s PERCY HARVIN made five receptions for 41 yards and one touchdown and added 14 yards rushing in the Vikings’ 27-13 win over the Detroit Lions.
- New York Giants’ BRUCE JOHNSON intercepted Tony Romo and ran it back for a 34-yard touchdown in the Giants’ 33-31 win over the NFC East rival Dallas Cowboys.
- Chicago’s JOHNNY KNOX made six receptions for 70 yards including a 7-yard touchdown in the Bears’ 17 -14 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- New York Jets’ MARK SANCHEZ completed 14 of 22 passes for 163 yards and one touchdown in the Jets’ 16 – 9 win over the AFC East rival New England Patriots.
This is Pepsi’s eighth year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the fifth year that Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.
Courtesy of the NFL