Well, our team is 2 for 2 in preseason! Yay?
Here are some quick thoughts about what I noticed tonight:
- Favre was unimpressive despite all the “experts” best efforts to blame 120% of his short-comings ont he Vikings recievers. The performace, however, is understandable considering he became a Viking like 10 minutes ago or something.
- Tarvaris Jackson seemed to be getting “lucky” quite a few times on his way to a perfect QB rating. However, this game will both possibly raise his trade value and also be further cause for pause for the Vikings when they think about parting ways with him.
- Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Adrian Peterson pajamas.
- I harped ont he Vikings not getting it done on third down last week, this week the starting offense had the same issue.
- Penalties were terrible tonight. 14 penalties for 104 yards. Unacceptable.
- Albert Young still looks like he’ll edge out Ian Johnson as the #3 back.
- Darius Reynaud will be tough to cut, and even tougher to get through to the practice squad. He had a great game.
- Shiancoe continues to rise up people’s fantasy boards with every catch.
- Jake Nordin was impressive for being a complete newcomer this week. Garrett Mills might be in trouble.
- Benny Sapp continues to give Asher Allen a run for his money. Sapp had 2 tackles, 1 assist, a sack, and a forced fumble. Allen played solid.
- Jasper Brinkley could be a starter in this league if he wasn’t behind E.J. Henderson.
- Brian Robison has the stamina of Jared Allen, and is such a great depth player.
- Jayme Mitchell earned himself a roster spot today.
- Fred Evans continues to play well as a replacement for Pat Williams