1. How excited are you about the Jets offseason changes?
I’m very excited. Whenever you make positive changes to help your team win right now, you have to be excited.
2. Talk about new coach Rex Ryan and your early thoughts on him and what you expect from him.
Rex has been great. He has been a positive change for us and sort of a breath of fresh air. He lets the individual be their own person, but still expects the best out of you! So he’s the best of both worlds, I guess you could say.
3. You’re entering your 5th season and have never missed a regular season game, how hard is that and is there anything special you do to stay healthy?
It is pretty special to be able to play in this league, period. But to play every game is a great feat. I think anybody being able to play without missing time is due to God watching over you and keeping your body in tip top shape. And it takes a little luck as well!
4. Have you had any interaction with rookie QB Mark Sanchez? What has he been like?
Mark and I get along really well. We have been out together and hung out on some chill type stuff. From what i know of him early on, he’s a good guy and the type of guy any team would want to lead them (Thats not saying that he’s gonna be the guy this year or not! lol). And on the field he has a certain moxy about him that doesn’t tend to lead you on that he is a rookie, which is a great attribute to have.
5. The AFC East is a very competitive division, what team do you enjoy playing the most in the division?
I like playing them all, to be honest. And you’re right, the division is so tough that if you win those games, you have a great shot at competing in the whole AFC!
6. Is it tough playing in the biggest media market in the NFL? Is there more pressure on you and the team because of it?
It’s very tough to play and succeed here for sure. The expectations here I think exceed everywhere else (not just because of the fans, because I think fans everywhere want to see their team win). But it’s made more aware here because we have media outlets that are not gonna stop until they know what’s going on. For that reason, you have to be so much more prepared and ready for everything here in the Big Apple.
7. Talk About The Rhodes Foundation and the idea to come up with that.
I just wanted to start a foundation and be an avenue of resource to help give back to the community in any way I could. So I started my own foundation back in 2005 and it has been great for me. This coming year I will be giving out my first scholarship out to a very deserving young individual, and it will be very rewarding for me.