Seahawks running back T.J. Duckett was on air Tuesday with Mitch Levy, host of the Mitch in the Morning Show in Seattle. Here are a few highlights from the interview:
- Duckett didn’t worry last year about talks of him getting cut after training camp despite a rough preseason.
- Duckett played for new Seahawks head coach Jim Mora and new Seahawks offensive coordinator Greg Knapp while the three were in Atlanta. Duckett says having that background with Mora and Knapp will benefit his play because he is familiar with what will be asked of him.
- Ducket is not a fan of being labeled as a short yardage back because of his size.
- The new zone blocking scheme that the Seahawks will implement this season will help Duckett. Duckett said that his style of running is “one cut and go” and that that is what zone blocking is all about for a running back.
- Duckett said that he’d like to have more carries, but is focused on winning and will do whatever the Seahawks’ coaching staff asks of him.
To listen to the interview with T.J. Duckett, click HERE