cromarite
Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie seems pretty upset about the down season he had a year ago, and talked to Kevin Acee from the San Diego Union-Tribune about bouncing back this upcoming season.

“Last year my head wasn’t in there,” Cromartie said. “I was dealing with my kids and their moms. It had my mind somewhere else.”

Cromarite has seven kids living in five states, and has been named in at least five paternity suits in the past two year. Not a big surprise that it’s tough to stay focused with that on your mind.

“It took me awhile to man up and say, ‘I gotta do what I’m supposed to do,’and accept my responsibilities,” said Cromartie. “I can’t point a finger at anybody else. I made a lot of bad decisions my first and second year in the league. I point a finger at myself.”

With that, he’s looking to put all that behind him, and hoping to have a fresh start to the 09 season, one that he hopes will have the Chargers back in the playoffs, and one that will see him return as one of the top CB’s in the league.

“My biggest thing this offseason is getting everything out of the way I need to get out of the way,” he said. “I’m focused. I’m doing things I’m supposed to be doing – taking that leap to trying to be one of the elite cornerbacks.”

14 Responses to “Chargers CB Cromartie Says His Seven Kids in Five States Made Him Unfocused in 08”

1. JYB says:

Correction – It’s seven kids in five states.

2. Steve says:

I think you’re headline is backwards. Having five kids in seven states would be quite a feat. Unless one of them lived at the Four Corners.

3. Steve says:

And of course I screw up by using “you’re” instead of “your” in my correction.

4. Gary Brewer says:

Anybody ever hear of a condem !!!

5. Aaronraider13 says:

He sure runs his mouth alot for a guy who has had one good season. Typical charger nonsense. Talk alot and win nothing.

6. Brian says:

Ha! The Raiders haven’t beat the chargers since 2005! I think it’s 11 or 12 in a row!

7. Brian says:

Oh wait… It has been since sept. 2003! Haha! raiders suck.

8. football fan says:

I hope all the women he impregnated stick it to him financially.

9. OakRaidFan says:

That RB the Broncos had fathered eight kids. What is it with idiots like this who play v. the Raiders in the AFC West? The Broncos’ and Chargers’ boneheads have represented. Now I’m waiting for someone from the Chiefs to step up and take the mantle for fathering nine kids in six states! 🙂

10. bonehead says:

yeah, the raiders have sucked for quite awhile, we can admit to that. but the chargers, wow! how many superbowl trophies do you guys have?

11. Aaronraider13 says:

Chargers talk like champs but play like chumps in the very few big games they have been in.

12. James says:

I love how people love to bash on the Chargers. I understand that they are not a great team until they bring home a Super Bowl Championship, but when a bunch of fans of some of the worst teams in the NFL (everyone else in the AFC West) trash talk a really good team (not great) it just makes me laugh. They will prove this year they are the best in the AFC West and again they will prove they do not have what it takes to bring it all home.

13. R Smash says:

Dude has seven kids with five different women, and his focus is on ‘taking the leap to becoming one of the elite cornerbacks’. WTF is wrong with this country?

14. Ms. Debbie says:

Hello,
    Antonio has flaws just like the next; he’s human! No one, but no one is perfect. The world dangles impurity but God leads to holiness. Desiring change should be in each of us, but it starts with self. Antonio desires that change, not only for himself but for his children….allow him to have that chance.
    Please know that everything improves with Christ! If the Lord see fit to not throw stones, who are we that we should!!! Please let the words from our mouth speak God’s love from our heart. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Please stand clear of pointing the finger at others when in fact, we should focus on self and what things we need to do to better our life….
    In regards to his children; truly Antonio didn’t produce them by himself, the ladies had a hand in it as well. however, that is neither here nor there now…..the kids are here to stay, and that’s not going to change. It is out of respect and courtesy, he’s provided feedback. He’s admitted to what he’s done in his life, he’s acknowledged his kids existence and realize what needs to be done regarding their well-being. It’s time to leave that bit of news alone as it’s none of our concern.
    Antonio, keep in mind that though your joy may seem fleeting at times, the Lord is constant, therefore you rejoice in Him always regardless of who may strive to tear you down……remember this! In addition, remember that loving words enrich lives and a word aptly spoken, is like apples of gold in settings of silver (Proverbs 25:11)….in other words, do not allow the negative words that are thrown at you define who you are.
    My good people, (and we all have some good in us……some simply have a hard time releasing it); always strive to be careful in how you select your words when addressing others, it could turn out that the same person you tear down, just may be the one who you need help from! Strive to see the positive in others rather than focusing on the negative. We all have some type of mess within our lives that need to be cleaned up whether it’s major or minor. Do not ask what’s wrong with this world if you’re not doing anything help better it…..Have a good life and allow Antonio and his kids to enjoy theirs without you tearing them down. Put aside strife and remember how good and pleasant it is when brothers & sisters live together in unity!

With All Sincerity and Love