The Proof Doesn’t Lie – Favre on the Way to Minnesota

75557955JD014_MINNESOTA_VIK
Need more proof on whether Brett Favre is about to become the Vikings new quarterback for 2009 ? Well, here are four tidbits to nibble on for those of you who haven’t quite reached the saturation level yet.

1. Favre and wife Deanna allegedly made a $30,000 deposit on a condominium near 50th and France in Edina last weekend.

2. According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the word is 40 percent of the Vikings’ playbook is being customized for quarterback Brett Favre. This story, if true, means that the Mississippi man of mystery has probably already agreed in principal or otherwise to a contract with the team.

3. Sid Hartman of the Star Tribune wrote a recent article that Vikings trainer Eric Sugarman was in Hattiesburg, Miss., on Wednesday to check on the physical condition of quarterback Brett Favre.

This is Sugarman’s second visit to Favre in Mississippi. The last time he was there in mid-June, Sugarman gave the former Packers star some exercises he could use following arm surgery.

A Vikings source who has been in contact with Favre recently reported that the surgery seven weeks ago was a complete success. With training camp opening 10 weeks after the surgery, Favre’s arm should be back to full strength. There seems little doubt Favre will be in uniform when Vikings training camp opens in Mankato on July 31.

4. Single-game tickets go on sale July 20, and it’s a pretty good bet that the Vikings will try to make “THE” announcement coincide. Sort of an “ Economic Stimulus Package” of their own. It simply makes sense from a marketing standpoint.

Any guesses on the date of the first official announcement ?

9 Responses to “The Proof Doesn’t Lie – Favre on the Way to Minnesota”

1. PAUL says:

I love Favre! I watched almost every game he ever played (minus last year). I’m a huge Packer fan, but I honestly hope he has a great year and I might even be bit of a fair weather Vikings fan (hard to imagine). Ideally the Packers win the NFC north and the Vikings are the wildcard and Rodgers has his 1st realy big victory at Lambeau against Favre. How perfect would that be!

2. Spanky says:

lets stop talking about favre until it happens!! lets talk about fishing or anything but favre.. im starting to think hes the only player you think about..whats going on with winfield whats ap doing..do they have the new towels washed and ready to go.

3. Matty says:

The announcement will be next week either Thursday or Friday is my bet.
    I’ve been a Vikes fan since I came into this world back in 1980 and I still can’t believe Favre is going to be the guy I’m cheering for on Sundays. My whole adult life I’ve been Anti-Favre but I guess I’ll be cheering for the my biggest NFL enemy this year, isn’t life just full of surprises. Go Favre!?!?!?

4. Mike says:

ESPN’s Skip Bayless says for the 100th time Favre will not play in 2009.

5. Laura R says:

Go Favre….I loved him since I first saw him beat the Patriots. I am now a Packers fan, the team definitely not the organization now. I say GO FAVRE!! Beat the packers and Aaron Rodgers, unlike what the first Packers fan wrote. = )

6. Laura R says:

oh and I wanna send a vikings jersey to Ted Thompson with the Name Favre on the back and a letter saying Merry Christmas Jerk

7. KGB says:

Skip “Clueless” needs to get a job. The guys wrong 99.9% of the time.

8. JOHN LINDSEY says:

look forward to a fun nfl year, no reason the viks will not be on top, especially if the rumor of marvin harrison coming to the viks, that will ice things.

9. Erin says:

Laura is an idiot, and not a packers fan. The team consists of Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the pack, so why would you want them to lose? Why are there so many dumb people in this world?

I do very much hope that Rodgers puts the issue to rest against Favre. Anyone who thinks otherwise cannot call themself a packers fan. Look up the meaning of the words. Seriously.