Broncos Announce They Will Do Their Best to Try and Move QB Cutler

cutler
The Broncos evidently have had enough of the high school rift between new coach Josh McDaniels and QB Jay Cutler, and stated Tuesday they will try their best to grant Cutler his request for a trade that will land the disgruntled Pro Bowl quarterback elsewhere.

As many as 10 teams have already reportedly made calls to the Broncos about Cutler, so getting him moved should not be all that much of a problem. The 25-year-old has been asking to be moved after he found out McDaniels wanted to make a move for former Pats QB Matt Cassel.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen released a statement saying both he and McDaniels had been unable to get Cutler to call them back over the last 10 days. Bowlen said he spoke with Cutler’s agent, Bus Cook, on Tuesday and came away convinced “that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.”

Therefore, Bowlen said, “We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”

Right at the top of the list for Cutler’s services will be the New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You can also add the Detroit Lions to that list as well. The Jets have made no bones that they would love to get Cutler, while the Vikings need a solid QB to go along with their good defense.

The Bucs have no established QB, and the Lions currently have Daunte Culpepper listed as their starting QB. Detroit has the #1 pick in April’s NFL Draft, and it would be interesting to see if the Lions would move it straight up for Cutler and if the Broncos would do that as well.


Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to NFL Gridiron Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

One Response to “Broncos Announce They Will Do Their Best to Try and Move QB Cutler”

  1. Eric says:

    Keep him away from Washington!