By Josh Satler www.profootball101.org
1. Adrian Peterson vs. Detroit Lions. Call me captain obvious on this fantasy pick. Tennessee’s Chris Johnson had 100 yards and two scores in the first quarter against the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. Imagine what AD will do. How about 150 yards and two TDs?
2. Chris Johnson vs. Cleveland Browns. Speaking of Johnson, he has a very solid match-up against the Browns this Sunday at home.
Cleveland, now playing without both of their top QBs, will have a lot of trouble moving the ball against this Titans’ defense, so look for a lot of opportunities for Johnson on the ground as Tennessee should be playing with a lead. 100 yards and 1TD.
3. Larry Johnson vs. Denver Broncos. Even in yesterday’s romping in the Meadowlands, the Broncos allowed RB Thomas Jones to run wild, and he topped the 100-yard mark and scored two TDs. In this game, and KC historically plays well in Denver, look for a concentrated effort to get LJ the ball and for No. 27 to have a very solid day.
4. Steven Jackson vs. Arizona Cardinals. The Rams are a very different team when Jackson is in the lineup. He provides more balance to the offense and the defense seems to raise its level of play as well.
In last Thursday’s game, Westbrook had over 100 yards and four total TDs. Don’t expect to see the TDs matched by Jackson, but 100 is more than within his reach.
1. Sammy Morris vs. Seattle Seahawks. The Patriots will be looking to move past Sunday’s shellacking they received at the hands of the Steelers, and they shouldn’t encounter many problems in their attempt to do so.
The Seahawks haven’t stopped anybody on defense this year and that trend will continue this Sunday. Look for Morris to be a big part of New England’s game plan.
2. Justin Fargas vs. San Diego Chargers. Whoever thought that this game would be meaningless to both teams when the schedule came out last spring? Not me. The Chargers haven’t stopped anyone of late and Fargas has been running well all year. Look for a solid effort this Thursday Night.
Other match-ups we like:
1. Steve Slaton vs. Green Bay. DeAngelo Williams just ran for four TDs vs. the Packers on Sunday so it’s safe to say that stopping the run isn’t a strong point for GB. Provided that Slaton’s legs are still fresh, look for the rookie RB to have a big football game in the frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.
2. Joseph Addai vs. Cincinnati Bengals. The Bengals have mailed in the season and the Colts are playing for a playoff spot. Look for Indy to ride Addai to get to that point and for No. 29 to have a big day.
3. Thomas Jones vs. San Francisco 49ers. Jones has the hot hand of late and has been piling up both the yards and TDs. MarShawn Lynch just torched SF on Sunday so look for Jones to continue his success when the Jets head out to San Francisco.