Krafts Sponsor Overseas Football League

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft
No folks, the headline is not a typo or a joke. A National Football League owner is sponsoring an overseas football league, believe it or not. According to the Associated Press, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft – namely his family – have recently completed an agreement that would make the family the title sponsor of the Israel Football League.

The league, now known as the Kraft Family IFL, is a tackle football league which is in its second season; the league is run by American Football in Israel and based in Jerusalem at Kraft Family Stadium. The sponsorship deal also includes a new league logo with the Kraft name in the design. Here is my take on this overseas deal between the Kraft family and this football league.

First of all, I applaud the fact that an American entity is showing an interest in promoting the game of American football overseas. What I take issue with are the terms of the deal itself. I understand that naming rights are part of just about any deal between a professional sports league and/or team and a corporation; it’s how business is done. What I have a problem with here is the overabundance of the name Kraft in this deal.

Think about it. You have Kraft Family Stadium, a Kraft design in the logo, and to top it all off, the league has the Kraft family name in it, for Pete’s sake!! Maybe it is just me, but I am beginning to think that the family overdid it on the deal and they are a bit narcissistic. It’s a good thing that the Kraft family do not own Kraft Foods, otherwise Kraft Macaroni and Cheese would be the official food of Kraft Family Stadium. While their hearts might have been in the right place, they went completely overboard on their sponsorship deal with this football league.

15 Responses to “Krafts Sponsor Overseas Football League”

1. Junior says:

Well, you have to understand how things work in Israel. Everything has a named sponsor there. Each ambulance has one – such as “In memory of our beloved Gradfather, Harold Moskovitz”. I’ve even seen honoraiums for bathrooms in some cases. Just part of the culture. But, Bob Kraft has done a fantastic job of promoting America’s greatest game overseas, and in Israel in particular. I understand there are some players who have been offered NCAA scholarships, so the talent level is also pretty good. Plus, Ilooked at the loko on their website (www.ifl.co.il) and you can barely read the Kraft name – it is understated.

2. Michael Alston says:

I would love to join and make a difference to my team!

3. I am a 25 year old African american male. i am about 6’3 350 lbs solid, and i would love to be a contributor to the team asa player.

4. Brehon Melvin says:

i am a 23 year old american lookin for a better future why not start playing football overseas im 5’6 200 pounds and faster than a speeding bullet i would love to join the team too.

5. Henry Richard Jr says:

I am a wide reciever and named all-american and high school and in the tufl. This pass season i have 14 touchdowns and over 920 yeards. I will love if someone can contact me about overseas football. I have videos on youtube. If you go to youtube.com and type in killeenknights2009 and click on those videos you will see a true football player. My football number is 88. Thank you for your time and please contact me asap bye my email.
    henry_richard42@yahoo.com

6. Henry Richard Jr says:

Sorry I am 6ft 4in 210 pounds and im 21 years old but will be turning 22 on the 22 of august. My 40 time is a 44 unofficial.

7. Anthony R says:

I’m a young black man from the us and if looking for a change and think overseas football would help me.

8. Damian Milligan says:

im a young man with lots of talent very strong player im 5″11 190 i can play wide reciever or quarter back or running back im a all around player an i always dreamed of playing overseas ball..so please help me out..

9. Polo St. Preux says:

Im an all american Fullback/ Half back Played college Level, would love to Play over seas Please get in touch with me asap.

10. johnathan jacobs says:

hey coach this is jacobs. u dont know me i played football for mexico. nobody didnt look at my talent that i had. im a west coast type runnin style. i played semi pro went to my all star game. but i would real like a chance to play for u. number 573-581-4708

11. arthur brewer says:

coach i got film to show i been playin
    areana ball.I want to play over seas.I am a ss/wr 6,1 235. 773 9642885

12. Frankie Ward says:

Hello, my name is Frankie Ward and was wondering if I could get an updated schedule of the up and coming tryouts for the 2011 season. This info will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Frankie

13. Abe Addison says:

I would like to ply oversea football, I am an 6’0, 205 pound run an 4.3 40 time and really very fast. I am an hrd worker and like to mke an different back on the field. I finish my season highschool with an 1,000 yards rushing for my senior year and didnt play for my first three years. I was an trck runner before then I was an all amercian, first team, player of the years, and others. I ran the 100, 200 and 400 meters. My best time for the 100 meters is 10.58 and the 200 meters is 22.3, I placed in the nations in both of them 3th and 5th. I played college level too. I like football and just wanted to move to an big stage to fill my fullest poteinal as an football star.

14. joshua white says:

im 18 years old and im tryen to play overseas football im not a book worm.i just no how to play ball and i think i could make a leaven off of it can someone please help me

15. Ira Autrey says:

I’m a two time All-American football player and Track star.I’m currently at Bethany College and this my last year here.I want to continue showing off the skills God blessed me with and pursue my dreams.I’m double majoring at bethany in Engineering Mechanic and Business Management.I can basicly play any positions but im a hard hitting Corner Back and a playmaker.You can check me out on youtube under Kingira!