Former Chargers D-Lineman Chris Mims Dead

Mims

From: National Football Post and Special to NFL Gridiron Gab

The National Football Post has just learned that former San Diego Chargers defensive lineman Chris Mims has died. Mims was found in his home by a friend.

Mims was selected in the first round of the 1992 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers. According to KTLA in Los Angeles, police say that Mims was found around 9:30 a.m. by officers on a welfare check. There does not appear to be any evidence of foul play, police told the television station, and the cause of death is unknown. Officer April Harding of the Los Angeles Police Department told KTLA that Mims suffered from weight and medical problems.

12 Responses to “Former Chargers D-Lineman Chris Mims Dead”

1. Dee Dee says:

Chris we all love you and will miss you dearly~your extended Dorsey Family~
    Many blessings~

2. Amy says:

Chris you were a blessing to all who knew you. You will be missed.

Amy

3. Rohit says:

That’s bad news!!.We’ll miss him!

4. Vicious says:

Damn! That’s crazy Big Chris is gone.
    Gonna miss the laughs & good times

5. morse family .from dorsey street we love chris says:

are heart go out to the family. his mom. one sister and two twin brothers .grandmother helen h. his two antie and two uncle and great uncle juan morse .

6. Pearl says:

Chris will be missed but NEVER Forgotten! My condolences to the Mims Family.

7. Deon Daniels says:

To The Mims family: There are no words for a sudden loss like this… but if caring thoughts can help, they are with you right now, With Heartfelt Sympathy…The Daniels Family

8. Jane says:

To Chris’s family…I didn’t know Chris, but my heart goes out to all of you. I know you loved him. When my sister died a few years ago, someone told me…”You’ll never get over this but, with God’s help, you’ll get through it.” It’s true and I hope you find peace. I know Chris has.

9. Cory says:

Chris and I played together at UT, he was a great guy. One of my fondest memories, is of me taking him to get his first car. We shared some great times at UT, and I will truly miss him.

10. BIG GEORGE ASCOT ST says:

FROM UR BIGGEST FAN YOUR UNCLE GEORGE FROM THE BOTTOMS WHO LOVED U AND CARED FOR U DEARLY AT ALL UR GAMES FROM DORSEY TO PIECRE TO SOUTHWEST TO TEN AND TO BIG LEAGUES NEVER ONCE NOT MISSING A GAME OR A BEAT ALWAYS KNEW U WOULD MAKE IT GUESS I HAVE MY DEFENSE WITH ME NOW LOVE U MUCH GEORGE AND HIS FAMILY WHO IS AND WAS YOUR FAMILY FOREVER STAY STRONG HELEN COLLEN DEBBIE TONY CRAIG COME HOME AND STEPHANIE MY BABY GIRL TAMASHA WHOM I LOVE AND NEVER FORGET LOVE FROM UP ABOVE YOUR UNCLE GEORGE IN HEAVEN STAY STRONG

11. GEORGE ON ASCOT says:

WONDER HOW I GET TO POST A COMMENT AND IM HERE IN HEAVEN WELL ITS UR UNCLE GEORGE UR BIGGEST FAN FROM DORSEY TO PIERCE TO SOUTHWEST TO TEN TO THE BIG TIME IN SAN DIEGO ALWAYS KNEW U WOULD MAKE IT!!!! SENDING OUT MY LOVE TO THE FAM HELEN COLLEN DEBBIE CRAIG STEPHANIE SHAY AND THE BOYS I MAY NOT BE THERE BUT CHRIS IS ALREADY HERE WITH ME NOW IVE GOT SOMEBODY WATCHING MY BACK AND TACKLING ALL HATERS THAT MAY STILL COME MY WAY MY KIDS CORWIN TY GEORGE R OUT THERE AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY FAMILY THEY GOT U NOT TO FORGET MY BOY TONY UNCLE GEORGE LOVES U MUCH AND I NEED U TO BE STRONG AT THIS POINT STAY POSTIVE MY GIRL DEBBIE WOW WHERE DID TIME GO????? I LOVE U ALL SO MUCH CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I TOLD U BUT THERE MY BABY GIRL TY U ALL KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVED U AND WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING FOR U GOTTA GO NOW CHRIS IS CALLING AND I GOT TO GO MEET HIM AT THE PEARLY GATES MUCH LOVE AND STAY STRONG TO MY DORSEY ASCOT ST FAMILY FOR EVER GEORGE

12. lahoma says:

chris is still and always will be missed and loved by his son and mine chris jr and anyone who knew him that beautiful smile his bubly personality, and the way he .loved the ladies. not a day goes by i dnt think of him and his son doesnt stoptalking about him. he will be missed