Fans To Vote For Winners On NFL.com
FedEx To Deliver Funding For Safe Kids Organizations On Behalf of Winning Players In
Their Teams’ Markets
Quarterbacks ELI MANNING of the New York Giants, BEN ROETHLISBERGER of the Pittsburgh Steelers and KURT WARNER of the Arizona Cardinals are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 5 – 6, while running backs RONNIE BROWN of the Miami Dolphins, CLINTON PORTIS of the Washington Redskins and DE ANGELO WILLIAMS of the Carolina Panthers are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week honors, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from now through 11 a.m.. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday afternoon on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program for the first time, FedEx is teaming up with Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – to deliver safer kids by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players’ names. The funding directly benefits local Safe Kids coalitions in that team’s city, to fund pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year. This year, FedEx celebrates its fifth year of the program and will surpass the $1 million mark in funding to create safer communities for children.
New this season, fans can tune into the “FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown” posted only on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network’s MARSHALL FAULK and TERRELL DAVIS host the weekly five-minute show.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New York Giants’ ELI MANNING threw two touchdowns over 267 yards completing 19 of 25 passes in the Giants’ 44 – 6 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Pittsburgh’s BEN ROETHLISBERGER completed 26 of 41 passes for 309 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers’ 26 – 21 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Arizona’s KURT WARNER completed 33 of 42 passes for 250 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals’ 41 – 17 win over the Buffalo Bills.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· Miami’s RONNIE BROWN rushed for 125 yards and one touchdown on 24 attempts in the Dolphins’ 17 – 10 win over the San Diego Chargers.
· Washington’s CLINTON PORTIS rushed for 145 yards and one touchdown over 29 carries against the NFL’s number one rush defense in the Redskins’ 23 – 17 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
· Carolina’s DE ANGELO WILLIAMS carried the ball 20 times for 123 yards and two touchdowns in the Panthers’ 34 – 0 win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Williams also made one reception for a 25-yard touchdown to help secure the win.
FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services, delivering safer kids in the process. With thousands of trucks out on the roads each day, FedEx is committed to improving pedestrian safety for children, by funding education programs and environmental improvements, from signage and crosswalks to pedestrian walkways near schools and playgrounds.