Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com
Linebacker GARY BRACKETT of the Indianapolis Colts, defensive end TRAVIS LA BOY of the Arizona Cardinals, defensive end MARIO WILLIAMS of the Houston Texans, cornerback ANTOINE WINFIELD of the Minnesota Vikings and linebacker LA MARR WOODLEY of the Pittsburgh Steelers are the finalists for GMC SIERRA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK honors for games played on October 5 -6, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/gmc beginning immediately following Monday Night Football and ending on Thursday at 4:00 pm EST to determine the GMC SIERRA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK. The winner will be announced Thursday evening on NFL.com.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/gmc throughout the month of January.
A closer look at the finalists:
- Indianapolis’ GARY BRACKETT made five tackles and recovered one fumble for a 68-yard fourth-quarter touchdown in the Colts’ 31 – 27 win over the Houston Texans.
- Arizona’s TRAVIS LA BOY led the Cardinals with seven tackles and had two sacks in the Cardinals’ 41 – 17 win over the Buffalo Bills.
- Houston’s MARIO WILLIAMS made four tackles including two sacks in the Texans’ 31 – 27 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
- Minnesota’s ANTOINE WINFIELD finished with eight tackles and on one second-quarter play had a sack and forced and recovered a fumble to help the Vikings beat the New Orleans Saints 30 – 27 on Monday Night Football. Winfield also blocked a field goal and returned it 59 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter.
- Pittsburgh’s LA MARR WOODLEY led all Steelers with six solo tackles, two sacks, three tackles for losses and three quarterback hits helping to limit the Jaguars to 213 total yards on offense in the Steelers’ 26 – 21 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.