Today the Gab is at Ford Field, where the Bears are taking on the Lions. Here are some halftime thoughts from this game.
* The Lions are a team that just loves to shoot itself in the foot. Here in Detroit, there are plenty of empty seats, and the fans are clearly 50-50 on Lions to Bears fans. Chicago should be up by more than 17, but at the same time, are clearly in control of this game and are well on their way to 3-2.
* I think it’s time for the Lions to start thinking about the long-term on who is going to play QB for this team. Jon Kitna spent the bye week taking shots at the offense, and today has shown little to nothing. The O-line is not giving him a ton of time to throw, but at the same time he should be able to make adjustments to get the ball out quicker.
* This Lions D is awful. They did have a bright spot in the first half, making a stop on 4th-and-one, but other than that, they are been about as unimpressive as any team in the league on D. The line gets little to no push in the pass rush, and the secondary is not strong, and plays off WR’s way too much. Can some please tell Leigh Bodden he can touch the WR’s within 5 yards?
* Time to cut the cord with WR Roy Williams, who is just so disinterested in playing here in Motown it’s not even funny. He does not run good routes, and even has miscommunications with Kitna to the point where he ran a square in when Kitna had him going long. Any team that pays him a ton in the offseason to be a big play guy in their offense had better take his attitude into consideration.
* Driving in there was a lot of negative talk about the Lions, saying how they simply are not even like an NFL team. How can a team with so many high 1st round picks and some veteran talent be so bad? It starts at the top, and of course they dumped the goof (Matt Millen) that was running the show, so that shows you where they are at.