While John Lynch is not happy about his playing time with the Broncos, it now appears that he may be able to find work elsewhere. A report in the Rocky Mountain News now states that the Broncos have told Lynch that he is allowed to explore his options, both in and out of football. Lynch left the team on Wednesday and reports say it is a difference of opinion about how much playing time he is getting in the nickle and dime defenses.
The published report says that the team is going to release Lynch on Thursday, and that he is going to be free to either sign with another team, or simply retire and start his career in television, which is what he has reportedly told people he wants to do when his playing career is over.
There appears to be one of two landing spots for Lynch, either he’ll go to a TV station and start his post-NFL career, or one team that reportedly has interest in Lynch is San Diego, the safeties hometown. The Chargers had interest in the offseason for Lynch before he decided to go back to the Broncos.
Lynch signed a $2 million dollar deal with the Broncos in the offseason, but he’s played in just base defenses so far, and he claims he was told that when he resigned he would be able to compete in every situation.