1. New England Patriots – I know it’s getting clichÃ© since they had the 16 – 0 season but the Pats really stood out this year. Their record breaking season deserves the #1 spot.
2. Indianapolis Colts – The Colts have done a lot for their defense since their Super Bowl season. A word that best describes the Colts is consistency.
3. Dallas Cowboys – They were very strong this year, and next year with rookie Felix Jones in the backfield they will be better. Someone needs to step up to help T.O. in the #2 receiver spot.
4. San Diego Chargers – Very disappointing at the beginning of the season but they had a huge turn around. Behind LT and a healthy Philip Rivers, this team has Super Bowl potential.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars – A really strong team that is often overlooked. Their roster is stacked and I wouldn’t be surprised if they overtake the Colts this year as AFC South Champions.
6. New York Giants – Super Bowl Champions yes but they have their problems. Winning 10 road games in a row, 11 if you count them being the road team in the Super Bowl is quite a feat.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers – An already strong team does well in the draft, to become a Super Bowl potential team. Rashard Mendenhall was a steal and should really make an immediate impact.
8. Seattle Seahawks – Seattle is a very consistent team that has had a few improvements this offseason. They will be fighting to keep their edge in the NFC West against some teams with potential in the Cardinals and the Rams.
9. Green Bay Packers – They are a mystery team right now. With Favre gone, will Rodgers be able to fill his shoes? They have the components to be a playoff team, but will it happen?
10. Cleveland Browns – Behind a great arm in Derek Anderson and great receivers in Edwards and Jurevicius the Browns can go far this year. Look for them as a wild card this year.
11. Minnesota Vikings – If Adrian Peterson continues being the sensation that he is, all the Vikings need is a decent guy in quarterback and then a playoff run wouldn’t be out of the question.
12. Washington Redskins – An 8 – 8 record isn’t bad when coupled with an amazing offseason. They really made out in the draft. Behind the pair of rookie WR’s and their new head coach, this team will develop before your eyes this season or the next.
13. New Orleans Saints – Their defensive upgrades along with their established offense will prove to make the Saints a decent team this season.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bringing Warrick Dunn back was a very smart move. Look for them to win their division again this season.
15. Tennessee Titans – Vince Young is good but can he carry the whole offense? Titans are a little shaky.
16. Philadelphia Eagles – With McNabb healthy, the Eagles will be a considerable threat. They made good moves this offseason and will make the NFC East that much better.
17. Arizona Cardinals – Defensive and offensive line still need some work but they have a leader in Kurt Warner.
18. Carolina Panthers – Jake Delhomme is healthy again but will the Panthers’ fate be any different?
19. Buffalo Bills – Bills are up and coming but I don’t see it being enough for a playoff run this year.
20. Houston Texans – After a pretty decent start to the 2007 season they died off. It’s hard to compete when your division consists of Indianapolis and Jacksonville.
21. Denver Broncos – Need a lot of work, although they were second in the AFC West, but that isn’t saying much.
22. Chicago Bears – Have fallen quite a bit since their Super Bowl run. They really need a consistent QB but will have to put up with Rex Grossman again this season unless Orton steps up.
23. Cincinnati Bengals – With Chad Johnson out of the picture, Bengals will suffer some. Really they need to accept the trade and get someone to replace him.
24. Baltimore Ravens – One guy can change it all, Joe Flacco. This team has playoff potential and they have it in them for a 12 or 13 win season.
25. Oakland Raiders – Darren McFadden should be huge, another Adrian Peterson if you will. JaMarcus Russell is a shaky idea for a starter just yet. They have a mediocre season in them.
26. St. Louis Rams – Plagued by injuries throughout their lines caused the horrible 3 – 13 season. They really can’t be that unlucky again this season. With a healthy Marc Bulger and Steven Jackson, expect this team to do very well in ’08.
27. Detroit Lions – Jon Kitna is calling for another 10 win season for the Lions. Do they really have what it takes on the line to back that up? I don’t think so.
28. Kansas City Chiefs – They made out very well in this year’s draft. Don’t expect a super power just yet. Rebuilding will take a few seasons.
29. New York Jets – Jets also made out well this offseason but did not find a solution for the QB problems.
30. San Francisco 49ers – This franchise needs a turnaround fast. Upgrades including offensive coordinator Mike Martz should help.
31. Atlanta Falcons – Matt Ryan is now the face of the franchise. Hopefully he doesn’t just fall on his.
32. Miami Dolphins – Well you can’t really do worse than a 1 – 15 season. Well except maybe a 0 – 16 season. They really need to sort out their lack of a leader in the QB position and the rest will follow. Don’t expect much this season.