2008 NFL Schedule To be Released April 3rd

The NFL seems to have been putting out the schedule out earlier and earlier each year, and this year, the league very well may have the schedule out as early as ever. ProFootballTalk.com discovered that the official NFL website has put out their TV schedule for early April, and as of right now – the schedule says that the schedule will be released on April 3rd at 4:30pm on their franchise show – NFL Total Access.Last season the schedule was also supposed to be released on NFL Network, as they had advertised a special with the release around April 7th, but instead it got pushed back till April 10th. While we know what teams will play who, about the only “for sure” in the schedule will be the fact that the Giants will play that opening Thursday night opener at the Meadowlands. I vote that we see an opening night NFC Divisional Playoff rematch with the Cowboys vs the Giants. We shall see.

8 Responses to “2008 NFL Schedule To be Released April 3rd”

1. Dave The Rave says:

Opener
    Redskins @ Giants
    Thursday, September 4, 2008
    7:00 PM Eastern Time

2. Ron says:

OK,it’s 7:40PM EST on April 3rd.Where’s the schedule? Just some preseason mishmash. Time for Goodell and hi guys to get it together and quit BS’n the season ticket holders and league fans.

3. Grant O says:

Yeah, I had no Internet over the past few days because I was in NJ with my grandmother on vacation, but I was dying to see the schedule when I got home, and where is it?

Well, maybe April 7th or April 10th. I know one year (I think 2006), they released a few schedules first by team, and then the whole schedule. I remember seeing it on TV, Cincinnati Bengals schedule released; 3rd toughest schedule in NFL!

4. Grant O says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Detroit_Lions_season says that Detroit will play an AFC team on Thanksgiving, but doesn’t say which one.

5. Grant O says:

Here’s three more games for Week One.

Chi @ Ind (Sun N, 8:15pm)

Min @ GB (Mon 7:00pm)
    Den @ Oak (Mon 10:15pm)

6. TommrR says:

Detroit will play either Jax or Tenn…

7. Grant O says:

says that it will come out early next week, probably 4/15. But I don’t know, that’s tax day.

I wish they’d just pick an approximate date and stick with it.

I know in 1996 it came out like mid-March, and then 1997 came out on 3/28/97 (at least that’s when it was in the paper). In 1998, it came out very late April. Then 1999 it came out like early-mid April. I think 2003 it was supposed to come out on April 27, then they said one more day. Then it’d didn’t come out until like May 10.