AFC PLAYOFF PICTURE
1. New England Patriots (16-0) – Won AFC East and earned home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
2. Indianapolis Colts (13-2) – Won AFC South and earned first-round bye.
3. San Diego Chargers (11-5) – Won AFC West and earned first-round home playoff game.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6) – Won AFC North and earned first-round home playoff game.
Here are the first-round matchups in the AFC:
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh: Saturday, Jan. 5, 8 ET (NBC)
Tennessee at San Diego: Sunday, Jan. 6, 4:30 ET (CBS)
First-round byes: New England and Indianapolis
NFC PLAYOFF PICTURE
1. Dallas Cowboys (13-3) – Won NFC East and earned home-field advantage because of head-to-head victory over Packers.
2. Green Bay Packers (13-3) – Won NFC North and earned first-round bye.
3. Seattle Seahawks (10-6) – Won NFC West and earned first-round home game.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-7) – Won NFC South and earned first-round home game.
5. New York Giants (10-6) – Have clinched wild-card berth and No. 5 seed.
6. Washington Redskins (9-7) – Defeated the Cowboys to earn the final wild-card spot.
Here are the first-round matchups in the NFC:
Washington at Seattle: Saturday, Jan. 5, 4:30 ET (NBC)
N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay: Sunday, Jan. 6, 1 ET (Fox)
First-round byes: Dallas and Green Bay