1. New England Patriots (14-0) – Clinched home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with win over the Jets.
2. Indianapolis Colts (12-2) – Clinched AFC South and first-round bye with win over the Raiders.
3. San Diego Chargers (9-5) – Clinched AFC West with victory over the Lions and own a tiebreaker over the Steelers for the No. 3 seed because of a better conference record.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-5) – Own the tiebreaker edge over the Browns for the AFC North title by virtue of sweeping regular-season series.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars (10-4) – Are a game up on the Browns for the fifth seed.
Here are the current first-round matchups in the AFC:
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
Cleveland at San Diego
First-round byes: New England and Indianapolis
NFC PLAYOFF PICTURE
1. Dallas Cowboys (12-2) – Have won NFC East and clinched first-round bye. Own tiebreaker over Packers for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
2. Green Bay Packers (12-2) – Have won NFC North and clinched first-round bye.
3. Seattle Seahawks (9-5) – Have won NFC West and have tiebreaker edge over Buccaneers for No. 3 seed based on head-to-head win.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-5) – Clinched the NFC South with Sunday’s win over the Falcons.
5. New York Giants (9-5) – Have a one-game lead over the Vikings for the No. 5 seed.
6. Minnesota Vikings (8-6) – Have a one-game lead over Saints and Redskins for final wild-card spot.
Here are the current first-round matchups in the NFC:
Minnesota at Seattle
N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay
First-round byes: Dallas and Green Bay